Just feeling a bit down

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Just feeling a bit down

Postby sparkly_star » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:38 pm

and was hoping that eVen though I haven't be around here for ages that someone might have a go at cheering me up.
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
sparkly_star
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: Just feeling a bit down

Postby snail » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:57 pm

Well, did you want to talk about it, S_S, or did you want people to post some jokes and that sort of thing?
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby peecee » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:40 pm

Hey, Sparkly! Good to see you again! :D

What's the matter hun? Do you want to tell us anything about it, or are you happy with Snail's suggestion - some hugs and daft jokes? I'll start with a *hug*

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
pee
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brfc » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:17 am

spend a day with my little one that,ll cheer u up. hes currently baa,ing at timmy the sheep on cbeebies lol. its like baa,ing in stereo here. i took him for a walk to the park yesterday and he was stopping to play with every sign gate fence etc. then all off a sudden i can hear his bumbling noise but couldnt see him. followed the noise too a pair of legs and 2 shoes dangling over a gardens wall he was head first over this little wall with his feet waving in the air. lol :D
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby sparkly_star » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:19 pm

Snail, I'm not sure lol, it's complicated really :( I guess I just want to know that life turns out okay in the end or something. I don't feel valued, I feel like people always prefer other people to me. I just want someone to care rather than grow tired of me.

peecee, hello :) Thanks for the hug. Like I say, I just feel down about things and stuff.

brfc, aww that's cute :)
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
sparkly_star
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Skarlet » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:19 pm

Hey Sparkly star,

I joined after you, but wanted to say that things will get better.. and heres a hug.

:grouphug:
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:05 pm

It sounds like you have self esteem issues and maybe thats where you should start. Get a self help book and go from there.
If you give out bad signals because you don't feel good about yourself then others will pick up on that, subconsiously you may not even realise you do it.
People will always be drawn more comfortably towards happy, fun people rather than someone who brings there mood down

I loved brfc's story too - and I love shaun the sheep so I totally get him :P
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby snail » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:20 pm

I think life does turn out OK in the end. There's so much that's still a mystery to us as humans, you just have to trust that you're on the journey that you're meant to be on.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ceilidh1990 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Hey, I know we've never spoken before and I'm pretty new to this but I read your post and knew I had to reply.
It struck a cord with me because there was a point where I thought that things were never going to get better.
At the start of 2009, I was made homeless, I then lost my job and through all that stuff I couldn't cope with uni anymore. It seemed like every single thing was crumbling.
But, I'm happy to say that everything got better. I decided I wasn't going to let everything slip away, I went out, finally found a new job, got a flat and made new friends! My friends weren't exactly the best, they didn't appreciate me either and they were never there for me when I needed them. I joined a club (body combat, I would recommend it!) and met some really nice people. It seems like a very small change, joining a club I mean, but it really can change your outlook on life and you can meet some really awesome people.

Ceilidh xxx
ceilidh1990
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Cheer me up!