Husband and a pain of a mother inlaw

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Husband and a pain of a mother inlaw

Postby Frances12 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:28 pm

Hello my mother inlaw driving me around the bend we live with her in her house, she try's to take over with my 5 and 3 yr old children which I don't let her because when she did have them before she left my children outside the shop on a busy street, when I'm playing with them she there watching us then inerfears, when I'm doing homework with my son she there again like a bad smell trying to inerfears again, when there eating she trying to speak to them asking do they want chocolate or ice cream it's driving me up the wall, my mother inlaw OK in small doses. I'm with her all day in her house most of the time if my not in school I'm off out to get away from her until my husband comes homes, he don't surport me I want to leave this house I feel really down every day I've tried talking to him about and he said just it up, so he said leer on to drive il have more freedom then he said when you past your tast I can take ha mother out no way I would like to spend time with my family not his family with it that nice ain't he so now I really don't talk to him much, I really can't be bothered with help please
Frances12
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Husband and a pain of a mother inlaw

Postby David020549 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:23 pm

The interfering mother in law, you have my sympathy, there will never be harmony while you are at home together full time, it does not matter who is right or who is wrong, two women in the same house will always grate.
Obviously you need your own place and you need to convince your husband of that, even if it is a few months in the future, tough it out till then.

Another option is get a job yourself, she will be a willing child carer for sure and you will be out of the house day times and save cash for your own place.

Try not to fall out big time and don't be over sensitive to her different ways. My wife was ill for several months when the kids were small and complained bitterly that my mum treated the kids differently, it was mainly spoiling them, later bed times, treats that sort of thing. It all blew over as she recovered but was not happy at the time, thankfully I did not have to take sides.
David020549
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to And the rest...