Lodger started to smell

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Lodger started to smell

Postby HelenAshby » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:13 am

Just thought I'd sail in with an update. Somehow this smelly lodger (I got a whiff of him this morning and he smelled of stale urine, just like a tramp)... has got himself a really attractive girlfriend and is moving in with her in 13 days... so, the room will be available .. BUT if it is smelly I won't be able to let people view it ... which loses me rent. Ah well.

Anyone need a sea view room on the Sussex coast?
HelenAshby
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby highlandcow » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:52 am

HelenAshby wrote:Somehow this smelly lodger (I got a whiff of him this morning and he smelled of stale urine, just like a tramp)... has got himself a really attractive girlfriend and is moving in with her in 13 days... so, the room will be available

That's great news! But I'm kind of wondering how he managed to get a girlfriend if he smelt that bad?! Lol. :o
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby HelenAshby » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:35 pm

I KNOW! It's a complete mystery. Even more so because she is a a beautiful, tall slim Latvian who looks like a model. And she wants to live with him. Wonders never cease!
HelenAshby
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby booklover » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:35 pm

Hi,

I know he's moved out but for future reference the urine smell is from washing that has taken too long to dry, the length of time drying encourages bacteria and yeast to grow on the clothes. It is difficult to get rid of but napisan or vanish extra hygeine and a high temperature usually works. If that doesn't work bin it!

I'm actually having a similar problem at the moment with a guy I have let a room to. I have had words with him as I find it horrible. I try and work it out with people as much as possible. You know "Is there anything we can do to resolve the problem?", that sort of thing. I am at the stage with him if it doesn't improve he's out. It's my house and there are plenty of other people who want a room, that's the top and the bottom of it. If he'd said to me I can't smell it I would have said well I can and it's got to stop.

I find confrontation stressful but if you do this sometimes you have to be firm. Hope you have had better luck with your new lodgers.
booklover
Just Landed
Just Landed

Previous

Return to And the rest...