When starting to take the pill

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

When starting to take the pill

Postby x_xsophx_x » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:52 pm

I went to the doctor over 2 months ago now to be put on the pill. When I was given the pill, the doctor told me to take the first one on the first day of my next period. My periods have always been irregular. I have currently been waiting for over 2 months now to take the first pill as I have not had a period since going to the doctors but I was wondering if it was safe and possible to take the first pill without taking it on the first day of a period?
I am just looking for some advice on whether this would be safe and would it be advisable?
x_xsophx_x
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: When starting to take the pill

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:06 pm

Ask the doctor or the practice nurse
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: When starting to take the pill

Postby sarahloub84 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:47 pm

Firstly you need to check if it is possible that you are pregnant. If you are sure you are not you can start taking the pill at anytime of the month not just on the first day of your period. The catch is that if you DON'T start taking the pill on the first day of your period you are not protected by it for AT LEAST the first 7 days, so you will need to use extra protection. You should find that your periods become more regular after that. But I would take Bel Bel's advice and see your doctor about your irregular periods if you feel concerned.
sarahloub84
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to And the rest...