Dating sites

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter
Mrconfused74
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Dating sites

Post by Mrconfused74 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:38 am

Not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes!
Is the use of dating sites more acceptable nowadays than they were before? Probably not the right word but the use of them used to be laughed at, as it was like you weren’t able to find someone any other way, maybe even a sign of desperation. Has anyone used one? And what were you experienced of them? I’m considering it due to factors that would make it easier to meet people that had similar interests to me. Thanks.

boulding
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Dating sites

Post by boulding » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:37 am

Hi

Yes I think there was a time when internet dating was for saddoes but that certainly isn't the case now. It's gone mainstream and it's a good way to get onto the dating scene and meet people you wouldn't otherwise meet. In fact one survey suggests that 1 in 5 relationships start online.

However it all comes with massive health warnings so use caution. Be careful what sites you join as some are just after your money and be skeptical about what you read. After all nobody tells the truth and nothing but the truth on their dating profile. Also however clever algorithms are at matching up people they can't provide the vital chemistry so don't build your hopes up for every meeting as you might be disappointed when you meet someone in person. That can go both ways so be prepared for the occasional rejection and don't take it personally. Look on the whole thing as a bit of fun and keep an open mind.

Why not give it a go.

Diana5
Just Landed
Just Landed

Post by Diana5 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:50 pm

I did read somewhere that half of new relationships now start online, so they are mainstream. I started using it 5 yrs ago and met my present gentleman online, there is a bewildering choice of sites and which you use depends on the type of lady you are looking for. Tinder or POF would be a good place to start, if you are over 30 there will be more women than men looking and men get less as age increases.
To get a good response you need good photos, one head and shoulders nice smile please, another full height, if you are doing something interesting that's a plus, be honest with your profile, there is no point pretending to be someone else. The responses will be a mixed bunch, some just want to chat online not seriously looking, the good prospects will soon be obvious and reasonably close to home.
When to meet?. I prefer to chat online for a week or two then I will ask him to call me, if he sounds my "type" I will suggest a meet, if he can't meet within a couple of weeks he's probably in a relationship so I write him off. You might hit the jackpot first time it may take 5 or more meets I took 3 meets, remember you are looking for a lady you are comfortable with around your own age.

Best of luck

peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by peecee » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:39 pm

Bump!
Shine your light and let the whole world see.

Mrconfused74
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Post by Mrconfused74 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:11 am

Thanks for the replies. I’ve gone onto two sites and had a mixed response. I suppose that my only other thought would be if you start talking to someone maybe meet once, is it wrong to continue looking?? Not because I’m just after one thing, I have put I’m looking for friendship initially, with no pressure in making it a relationship. The lady i met is nice, we can talk easily and laugh a lot, obviously too soon to say where it might go, so should you stop looking till your sure it’s going no where but friends etc. Interested in thoughts on this.