I don't think I could cope with kids

For problems with your children, of any age...
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter
danielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

I don't think I could cope with kids

Post by danielle » Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:27 am

well it might seem a bit silly to all you mothers but it is really starting to upset me .the problem is i dont think i could ever cope with children of my own. i have a nephew who is 2 and for the first day im fine we have loads of fun but then when i have him over night and i wake up with him the rest of the day i dred, im fustrated with the piont of him being there taking up my time i get really upset with myself for feeling like this i think that im nasty and selfish i want children in the future i want the whole family thing but im scare of what if i have a child and i cant cope what if im not a good mom. when i talk to my mom about it she said that she felt like that sometimes but you just have a different view for a change instead of thinking what about me its what about them. but now im thinking of never having children because i feel i couldnt cope with a child?
please help will this feeling pass when or if i have a child? :cry:

tourguide_barbie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by tourguide_barbie » Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:45 am

Hey Danielle
To be honest I have exactly the same feelings. I want children but I'm dreading it. I have never had any children around me I have one brother and he is a few years younger than me. But I've been with my bf for 2 years and his brother just had a baby girl. This terrifies me, any time they want me to hold her or play with her I avoid it at all costs! But I've talked to my mum about it and she said dont worry those thoughts will go thru your mind all the time but when you have a baby, and hold it in your arms you would do anything for that baby, and all thoughts of being a bad parent disappear and you consentrate all your energy in being the best for your child. Don't worry about it, you are good at giving advice (obviously), you care about others. You will be more than a good mum, you'll be a great mum..
Seriously don't worry about it
Love TGB xXx

danielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Post by danielle » Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:11 am

thanks alot well at least i want be the only great mom it seems like ill have competition you will be great to in fact your'll be a class A mom.

Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Jo » Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:51 am

I've talked to my mum about it and she said dont worry those thoughts will go thru your mind all the time but when you have a baby, and hold it in your arms you would do anything for that baby

AMEN to that. Your mum is speaking the truth!

Very few people can say that they wouldn't be scared of having a baby. Its even scary when its not your first one. Hell, I've got two teenagers and I'm still scared of holding other people's new born babies!

As for coping with them later on - you seek support where you can, partners, parents, friends etc.

Its much more scary to imagine it than it is to actually be there dealing with it. Also, your feelings will be different when it is your own child, you will be a lot older and more able to cope.

I'm not saying it will be easy - it can be frustrating, isolating and depressing. But at the same time it can be the most wonderful experience you will ever have.

LOL, I don't think I've helped much but there you go, LOL.

Clairebabebear
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Clairebabebear » Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:32 pm

There is no need to be scared or upset about having children.
I didn't want children till i was married, But i was Raped at 18 and now i've got a 6yr old boy and i can't see why i didn't want children but it's probaly just a phase. :D
:P Patricia :P