Stuck between a rock and a hard place

For problems with your children, of any age...
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Stuck between a rock and a hard place

Postby saramidnite » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:20 pm

Hello everyone

I wasnt sure which one i should write this in. As it more to do with my sister and my mum not getting on.

I have two sisters R is 19 and L is 28.
They dont get on either.

My main issue is R use to be sweet and a kind girl. Then the last couple of years she has become lazy. Selfish and very rude and arguementive.

Her dad manage to get her to behave. At times. Sadly he passed away. Last September. Instead of being there for mum she carried on behaving the same way.

My mum cant cope. My sister refuses to leave the house. Wont get a job. Wont sign on. Refuses to go to the local shop. She makes my mum do it all. If she dont do what she wants she is nasty and makes my mums life hell.

Every one has tried talking to her. She only intrested in getting a boyfriend. The only friend she has is a bad influence on her.

We are at our wits end. My mum wont acept money off me but she cant pay her bills due to my sister refusing to work. She wont even study.

It got at the point my mum in bits. She is not copying with losing her husband and is now signed off sick. My sister refuses to see a doctor. She is being more and vile demanding stuff. Part of it maybe grief but she was like this before her dad died. She has no respect for any one other then her friends parents who she does everything they ask her to which know one can work out why. This has been like this for years.
saramidnite
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Stuck between a rock and a hard place

Postby David020549 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:31 pm

Sara
These family disputes often last for decades so don't expect an easy resolution, one wrong word, everybody takes sides and nobody will give way, they might even have forgotten what it was about. Have you asked mum or other sister what it was about, perhaps you could cast your mind back to the time your sister changed, who was living at home, what they were all doing.
Maybe they will never be reconciled, so let's hope R finds a boyfriend soon.
David020549
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Children