Tips on trying for a kid

For problems with your children, of any age...
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Tips on trying for a kid

Postby adambreeze2k2 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:44 pm

Hi this is my 1st time on this site and it seems like it could really help me with a lot of problems I have. Anyway I have the greatest girlfriend in the world shes 18 and Im 17 and we're going to try for a kid. I know it seems young but we're serious and got engaged today.

So I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on increasing chances of pregnancy?
adambreeze2k2
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Enigma » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:50 pm

Hi adambreeze2k2 and welcome to the forums.

I know what some members are going to post, so I'll pre-empt it. If we take your age out of the equation, is your situation sufficent to bring a child into it? Could you support a baby emotionally and financially? Would be able to provide for it as it grows and develops?

Please don't think I'm trying to put you down. If you would be a capable father and could provide a safe and stable home then there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. There are a lot of older people who should never have been given the facilities to reproduce, and young people who would make great parents.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby sovs » Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:56 pm

I had my son just before my 18th birthday.

If this is something your going to do then have sex every other day (except on periods obviously) as the sperm lives in the woman a few days so every day isnt nessacery.
The obvious dont use a condom hehe.
After sex when i was trying i would stay laying down for a few minutes, and also it helps if the woman orgasams, as it helps the sperm through.
If i remember anything else i will post back.

Good luck
Sovs :wink:
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby saz » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:07 pm

Hi i totally agree with what Engima wrote.

I think that it is very easy for couples to get carried away with the lovely notion of having a baby together. This goes for people of all ages! Reality is a very different picture. I dont mean the sleepless nights, nappies etc because really, they dont last that long.

Right first off, are you living together? This is really very very important. And i mean living together as in not living with relatives. You have to know whether a relationship can survive living together before making any major decisions. Also, if you have a baby before getting married, you will never have enough money for the wedding!

My partner is 28 and i am 23. Our baby is one, so i was pregnant at 21. I am telling you now, watching all my mates go out on a Saturday night is very very difficult. I didn't think i would mind but i do. Neither of us can ever really make any plans to go out because life with a baby is so unpredictable. By the time we have finished work (he works 60+ hour weeks and i work all weekend) we are exhausted. I cant even be bothered to cook a proper dinner sometimes. We have to work this hard to make ends meet and have a semi-decent life for ourselves. But we never have any spare money. We dont have sleepless nights anymore but we have constant clearing up of food/toys/mess, endless washing/washing up/cleaning. Going out anywhere is an army mission - food, nappies, toys, clothes etc all have to be ready and packed and we have to be home by 7 so she can go to bed. Getting people to babysit is exhausting because really, you end up doing most of the work before you leave out of guilt for the babysitter. We have even had to drive round 24hour garages late at night before in search of nappies/babywipes or something. Going shopping is pretty horrible. They scream round the shop so you leave and then they want to get out or they chuck all their toys on the floor so you never buy anything you just end up going home.

I love her to pieces and i like to think i am a strong person but i am pushed right to my limits some of the time. She is so independent already and i spend all day cooking washing and playing with her, a lot of it spent telling her off for doing something dangerous or naughty. My brain feels totally frazzled.

The hardest part is the way your relationship changes. You are no longer the same people as before. You are mummy and daddy and your life is totally different. Of course, deep down you are still the same people, it is just that you never have the time or energy to recreate what it was like before. We are too tired for sex most of the time, we argue about who is washing up the bottles, whos turn it is to put her to bed and then the usual household domestic issues.

Anyway, all of that aside. If you really want to then good luck to you. Some people dont have any problems trying for children. You are both young and probably fit and healthy so it should be ok. If she has come off the pill then it may take a bit longer. She could talk to a family planning nurse about it to get more advice.

good luck and congratulations on your engagement.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby misatok11 » Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:41 am

I am going through the same thing. It can take time. Me and my partner have been trying for over 2 years. We ended up getting tests and we are still in the middle of getting help. I wish you the best and good luck.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby littlemonkey » Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:15 pm

it is best to sleep together every other day rather then everyday and For the man to be on top. The best days are day 13, 14, 15 and 16 counting the first day of your period as day 1.

I found this out when i was trying to find out the long way if i was pregant being to chicken to do a test.

Ended up doing a bit if research on it
Last edited by littlemonkey on Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
littlemonkey
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jupiter » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:46 am

good luck, congratulations and lket us know how u go.
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby littlemonkey » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:58 pm

oh and eat healthy

I wish you all the best
littlemonkey
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Children