Potty training

For problems with your children, of any age...
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Potty training

Postby Bigmama85 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:08 pm

My son is 2 1/2 years old & we have been potty training for a few weeks. He is fine if he has no nappy on, he'll go on the potty every time. However, when it comes to telling me he needs to go, we hit a problem. How can I get him to tell me he needs to go on the potty? I have never done this before so don't really know what I'm doing. I've tried sitting him on the potty every 10 minutes & asking him if he needs a wee but he always says no then wets his pants. I praise him every time he uses his potty but so far it's just not sinking in. If he has pants or a nappy on he just wets them instead of saying "wee wee" so I know he needs to go. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Bigmama85
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Potty training

Postby Ticktock » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:36 pm

We all have different methods, I moved to pull ups and got rid of them once my daughter 'got it' at least during the day, the night took till 3 1/2!

What you can try is work out when the nappy is being wet and try and plan the day to offer a wee break at around those times, however, the reality is every child is different and it just may be your son isn't ready to be reliably dry during the day. It might be best viewed as one lost battle, so retreat for a month or so and then try again, eventually it will take, and you will win the war.
Ticktock
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Children