My 3 year old Daughters bad attitude!

For problems with your children, of any age...
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My 3 year old Daughters bad attitude!

Postby LemonJuice87 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:02 am

Hi guys,

My daughter is driving me up the wall. Its getting to a point where I would rather stay in bed all day and let Mr. LemonJuice deal with her so I dont have too.

In the last 3 weeks her behaviour and attitude have gone severly downhill. I used to pride myself on the fact she used to be as good as gold! I could trust her with the in-laws because I knew she wouldnt play up! Now I cant even ask my Nan to watch her for an hour because she's just evil. Thats the only word I can use to describe how bad she's been the last few weeks. Evil.

If she doesnt get what she wants she will scream, screech, whinge, make a silly high pitched noise that sounds like a "Eurgh", throw herself on the floor.... regardless of where we are.

She's doing it as I type. Her DVD has finished so I put 'normal' tele back on and she's started screaming at me "I said NO MOMMY!!!!!!"

The naughty step doesnt work, she'll sit on there, apologise and then do it again 5 mins later. She was on the naughty step a total of 5 hours on Saturday.

We have a reward chart, we take her stars off her when she's really naughty. But even thats not working.

I just want my daughter back, not this evil little girl that i refuse to beleive is my child.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: My 3 year old Daughters bad attitude!

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:51 pm

It sounds like terrible two's a bit late

The best bthing you can do is totally ignore her unless her behaviour is normal or good.

I actually had to walk around with my daughter attached to my leg screaming fro an hour but she soon stopped when she realised these tantrums weren't getting her anywhere

Has anything happend that could have upset her to change her behaviour? Might be worth asking her

Tell her you won't put up with her outburst. Perhaps think of a new reward scheme. She may have outgrown the chart. Perhaps if your good at 4pm today (show her the clock) we will make cakes.

Try to engage her in crafts, go out collecting things like leaves to stick on a picture etc

Most of all praise praise praise when she is good. Even if it's 10 minutes.

I do think the school holidays and getting out of normal routine can often set them off. Is she still going to bed at the same time? etc.

Failing all that stick her in the loft for a week :evil:
(That was a joke before anyone desides to give me a good talking to)
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby LemonJuice87 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:35 pm

The only things that have changed is shes now potty trained, she's got a big girl bed and she's not going to her Grandads that often anymore. She used to go every Saturday overnight but he's been working alot recently.

I thought of the terrible twos too. Just very late ones lol.

She hasnt started school yet, will be in a couple of weeks. But bedtime is still the same. She has been getting up alot earlier than she used to because she can actually get out of bed now. So maybe half of it is down to her been tired.
I do try to encourage her to go back to bed if it's before 7:30am. She will go back into her bedroom but plays instead of going back to sleep for an hour.

She grew out of having naps about a year and half ago. As much as i try she just wont have a nap anymore. I even lay down with her and that didnt work.

Im willing to do anything to stop the tantrums lol.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:22 pm

It could well be she is missing grandad.
Can you take her to see him some other time in the week so she can have regular contact?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Children