need help with potty training

For problems with your children, of any age...
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

need help with potty training

Postby kelcy » Mon May 24, 2010 8:09 am

im having a hard time teaching my kid to go to the CR and do her thing there. she is still using diapers and she says "popo" when she already has take a dump and now she stopped telling again. she comes with me when i go to the bathroom to show her how to do it but until now she seems like uninterested to do it. so how do i potty train my kid?? any advice will be appreciated :)
kelcy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: need help with potty training

Postby Bel Bel » Mon May 24, 2010 11:42 am

Firstly how old is your child?

I think often the best thing is not to try to force them when they aren't ready

If you have a garden potty training outside is great. Leave the nappy off all day and put the pot out.
Yes there will be accidents but it's better outside than in.

When your daughter does use the pot go crazy on praising her, buy her a gift or give her a small treat that you can give her straight after.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: need help with potty training

Postby embop » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:43 am

I agree with belbel, if she is not ready you will both end up getting stressed.To help get her ready keep the nappy but also keep the potty around at all times and keep asking her if she needs a wee, just to get her used to the idea, then you can slowly build up to it, start with an hour nappy free, then a few hours, then a day and so on. when she does go on the potty tell her shes a big girl like mummy, and just praise, praise, praise.
Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere.
embop
Site Owner
Site Owner

Return to Children