Teenage daughter pregnant,what should I do?

For problems with your children, of any age...
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter
TANLADIE
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by TANLADIE » Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Whatever your daughter decides you should support her no matter what.

Not like I know,but having a child any age is hard but having a child at 14 must be extremly hard.

And you also know what she's going through so you can give her some of the valuable knowledge you learnt when you were pregnant at her age.

How is your son feeling with all this happening at home?

This must be confusing for him aswell.

TANLADIE
It takes thousands of people to ruin the world but just one to start making it better!

spider girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Post by spider girl » Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:13 pm

My older sister was in nearly the same situtation as your daughter is now.
My sister was 15 and her boyfriend was 19 when she found out she was pregnant.
But he got scared and left her,then when my sister was 4 months pregnant she found out his new g/f was pregnant too.
My parents got carried away by making a personal vendetta on her ex and totally neglected the fact that my sister just wanted to get on with her life - which meant her being a single mum.
My sister hated the fact that he had got another woman pregnant and was with her.
But she just got used to the fact that no matter what she would love her child no matter what!!
But my parents failed to notice this untill by sister had her son.
So my parents missed out on her nearly all her pregnancy so she went thru most of it by herself.
You don't want to miss out your daughters pregnancy as it is very important time in her life.

I know you are only doing what you think is best for your daughter,but you need to talk to her and find out what she wants.
As it's her that's going thru this and it's only her that will know the answer to that question.

Good Luck

Spider Girl

Moonface
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Moonface » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:11 pm

Just a quick post to let you all know what is happening at the mo'.
Tara (my daughter) is nearly 17 weeks pregnant and she is still finding it hard to cope with being pregnant.
But I have now decided to leave our next door neighbours son to his own devices as he has made it crystal clear that he wants nothing to do with Tara or the baby.
I have explained to Tara it is now upto her if she wants her child to know his/her's father once it's born.
It hard work, but someone's gotta do it!

Stacker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Post by Stacker » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:12 am

I think you have made the right choice to leave your next door neighbours son alone.
You are right it is upto her from now on if she wants him invovled with her and her child.

Good Luck
Stacker :wink:
Actions speak louder than words.

mazilou
Just Landed
Just Landed

Post by mazilou » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:33 pm

Hi, I have just found out that my sons girlfriend is pregnant, he is 15 and she is 16. I am upset and shocked. They both want the baby, so myself and my husband are giving them 100% support. I know its different for you as its your daughter and she is alittle younger than my son, and she doesn't have a partner to support her. I really don't have any advice and I am now wondering why I am replying :roll: I supose all I really wanted to say is that I understand how you feel. If you would like to chat with me further please do, we could perhaps help each other.

Take care
mazilou

pretty_in_pink
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by pretty_in_pink » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:36 pm

this is a very hard situation 4 both of u :( . This is just my oppinion so i hope it helps. If your daughter really does want to keep her baby, then i think you should just sit down and talk about it. You have to listen to what eachother has to say in this situation.You should use your experiance to try and explain what will happen either way, if she keeps it or not.
You are both stressed and it all seems like a nitemare at the moment but you both need to try and be reasonable.
Thats really all i can say. sorry.
good luck
K
i am no-one,no-one is perfect,i must be perfect then! \:D/ *kissheart* :rainbow:

fudge
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by fudge » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:17 am

hi :D
like many have said already just support he whatever she decideds to do
and as for the father it sounds like she would be better off without him i have too children my self and i was a teenager when i had my first child i was on my own and i coped but without the support of my mum i know things would of been differnt the one thing i would recomend is to not take over for your daughter let her do things her way i know she is only young but she has to learn how to be a mum and how to do it on her own she may supprise you and take after you in more ways than having a child os young by this i mean growing in to a stong loving careing mother despite her age just like you did.
i have a lot more i could say about this but i dont want to bore you with things like how i did it and what i would do because everyone is differnt and deal with things differntlythe only thing that we all need without exception is the love of our family and your daughter is going to need that more than anything.
hope everything works out well for you and your daughter.

irishgirl
Just Landed
Just Landed

Post by irishgirl » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:46 pm

you are not seriously suggestiong abortion are you? to kill an innocent child for one brats mistake....absolutely mental!

Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Post by Enigma » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:33 pm

Abortion is an option a female has. At these forums it is not about whether abortion is right or wrong, just that it is a choice that could be made.

saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Post by saz » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:50 am

I agree with enigma. It is down to the individual which option they take and everyone is entitled to their opinions.
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being

Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Post by Jupiter » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:44 am

abortion is an aption everyone has, so is adoption, its not an option that i personally agree with but its a personal decision. all that you can do is to support her, let her know that you will support her no matter what she decides to do and know you are there and that she has a support system, she will be terrified reight now no matter what she decides to do, you hasve to stick by her.
sod has a law... i dunno why he wrote is but he's evil.... sods law that he's dead cos if he wasnt id kill him. sods law is the thorn in my side and the pain in my a$$

men! cabt live with them cant shoot them either (its illegal... aparently???) lol