I don't want them. Why don't they understand????

For problems with your children, of any age...
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Who are better?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:56 pm

Neither
No votes
men
100%

Total votes : 1

I don't want them. Why don't they understand????

Postby plattsy_girl » Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:56 pm

Hi. I have decided never to have children because I don't see the point. I's not like i have a problem with anyone else wanting them. I am 15 and my m8s are always like "ahhhh aint that little girl sweet I'm gonna call my kid...." When i say like whats so good bout having kids they are like why dont u want kids bla bla. Is there summit wrong with me just cus i dont want kids???? The worse thing is my parents expect me to be like every other daughter and give them grandkids etc. But they dont care what my brother does when he gets older. Like why is the world so sexist??? plz wirte to me someone. cheers
Loreal, because you're worth it...
plattsy_girl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby mariamaria » Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:21 am

Hey, I feel the same as you. I'm 17 next month, and the thought of having children makes my skin crawl. Whenever my mum looks at babies she's like "awwwww isn't he/she cute? he/she's got the cutest smile!" and it really gets to me. There are some people out there that enjoy the little monsters. No matter how many times I've told my mum, she seems to think that I am going to have children. :roll: Not if I can help it, I'm not. Shes always sayin' "When you have kids..." and I'm always correcting her saying "Don't you mean "if" I have kids, mum? If..." I don't want children as I raised my brother and it annoyed the living daylights out of me. Then again, I was 11 when he was born. I suppose that I could change from now until when I'm older. I'll mature. You will too. But until then, the thought of children just disgusts me. And anyway, why do your friends have a problem with your personal opinions? Each to their own, man, each to their own. And there's nothing wrong with you just because you don't want kids. TRUST ME. EVERYTHING'S FINE.

Good luck and let me know how things work out for ya. Take care xxx
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby plattsy_girl » Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:48 pm

Thanx m8. U've lifted my spirts
:wink:
plattsy_girl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Children

Postby Maisy » Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:56 pm

To Plattsy-Girl and MariaMaria

Hell you are both so young, why are worrying about whether you want kids or not. So you don't like the idea now. Maybe you will one day in the future maybe you won't. That will be your decision when the time comes.

Live for now and enjoy yourselves. When your friends or family suggest little buggers of your own, just smile and say we'll see. There is nothing wrong with not wanting children. Just remember that we cannot see into the future and we don't know how we will feel in five, ten, fifteen years time. Why you may be craving a baby. Then again you may have joined a nunnery!

Take care girls

Maisy
Maisy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby plattsy_girl » Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:42 pm

i werent sayin that there was anything wrong with em. Its just im fed up with them expecting them. It's like they had it set out 4 me b4 i was born. Like this:

1. Be born have happy childhood till 10
2. Maybe have a childhood sweetheart till 18
3. Go 2 college pass
4. Get a 9-5 job.
5. Find nice bf
6. Get married
7. Have kids bring them up together
8. Retire
9. Live with husband until 2 old
10. Get put in home. die

2 me that dont seem very thrilling. Does it u?
plattsy_girl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Llisa » Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:13 am

Hi Hun,
Well maybe to you, it doesn't seem like a very interesting life. But there are a lot of people who would do anything for that type of 'normality'. All around, that schedule doens't sound half bad to a lot of people out there who are having to deal with serious issues in their life, and will never be able to do some of the things on your list.
But we are all different and we obvoiusly don't all want the same things. I'd love to find a nice boyfriend, get married and grow old with him. But I agree with you on the kids...they've just never been high on my priority list and I do sympathize with you because I've been getting a lot of slack from it for a very, VERY long time...but just be yourself and enjoy life.
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby plattsy_girl » Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:44 pm

Yeah i'm sorry but thats gonna work aint it???
plattsy_girl
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby misatok11 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:12 pm

You are very pessimistic in your outlook in life aren't you? Things change and what you say now won't be the same later on in life. I'm not saying your opinion will change on this but you might see it from a different perspective later.
And Yes you are normal. My wife never wanted children but now we are trying like mad!! :P :wink:
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Llisa » Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:22 am

plattsy_girl wrote:Yeah i'm sorry but thats gonna work aint it???

What is? That my life turns out how I'd like it to? NO reason to be sorry about that...not everyone sees things from your point of view...and very FEW people see thigns from my point of view, so don't take it personally. But seriously, don't sweat the small stuff, and stop worrying about unimportant things. Just be yourself...and again, enjoy life!
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

its up to you!

Postby welsh gal in need of help » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:48 pm

its up to you if you want kids or not. its no one elses decition only yours. but you might change your mind when you get a bit older.
welsh gal in need of help
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sovs » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:38 pm

I was 17 when i had my son. im married got a nice home and going to college in september.
I woulndnt change my life for anything.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby miseryguts79 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:25 am

At 15 all i wanted to do was go out with my mates and have a laugh.
At 17 18 and 19 i was still doing the same. didnt even cross my mind about kids- i wasnt bothered.

Then i met my now husband at 21. I was in love all be it for the 2nd time, but i knew he was the one.
My mates thought i was too young and i was mad- but i didnt care what t hey thought.
Soon after i was pregnant, not planned but my god, someone was looking down on me that day, and when she was born it changed my world.
I got married, and was pregnant again, and at 24 ive just had another lovely daughter, also an equally magical day in my life.

Its so lovely having someone depend on you and to tell you that they love you.. its shallow perhaps to some, but I wouldnt change being married and having the 2 girls for the world.

You are still young. enjoy yourself- but becareful!! :wink:
If you dont want kids still in 10 years time then fair play, its your life- do what makes you happy.
miseryguts79
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Children