Any new parents out there?

For problems with your children, of any age...
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Any new parents out there?

Postby highlandcow » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:47 pm

...or anyone who remembers the early days?

Everyone said at the beginning that it would get easier, and it did...but then it got harder again! My baby boy is 16 weeks old now and was previously sleeping through the night and now has decided that lying awake making a load of noise and trying to get his leg through the bars of his cot is a lot more exciting.

I told my Dad this and he said "well, you're 31 and I don't have to rock you to sleep anymore so it must get better!" :lol:

So tell me, does it get easier again? And when?
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Any new parents out there?

Postby David020549 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:49 pm

It will get better at about 30 years of age unless you kick him out earlier, top tip, be as hard as nails, keep him busy, get in training now. Seriously, girls are much easier.
David020549
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby highlandcow » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:58 am

Ah now David! That's not what I wanted to hear! :cry:

29 years and 8 months to go...
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby rufio89 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi HLC. I don't come on here often anymore so I hadn't seen this until now - hopefully there's been some improvement already.

I don't have children myself but - what feels like - all of my sisters and female friends had babies in the last 18 months so I've been hearing a lot about it recently.

It's really common for babies to have relapses in their sleeping habits. There seems to be another one around 6 months old so if it's sorted now, there's a chance it might get worse again for a while.

Obviously all babies are different and have their own sleeping habits, but the parents of kids I know over 18 months old are having a much easier time with sleeping now - clearly there's new stresses at each stage, but from the outside at least, they seem to be happier, less tired and have more time for their previous interests now than they did before. It might feel like a long way off yet, but you certainly wont have to sit through 30 years of it ;)
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Children