Mother issues

For problems with parents, whatever your age...

Mother issues

Postby Cheeky monkey » Wed May 21, 2014 9:28 pm

My dad has been working nights recently which means I don't see him much so it's me and my mom a lot I feel so isolated because I hardly see her and she's leaving work in 3 weeks to find a new job and I understand that it's stressful but she has no time for me. I was in tears earlier and she just stood there then walked of not even caring. She is going on holiday without me with my older sister and other relatives because I'm still at school so I don't mind but she's leaving me with my brother and I hoed about it then she booked another holiday so I could go on and she is making me feel crappy about it because apparently I complained a lot I don't know what else I can do to try and talk to her I have been trying but she just keeps making remarks like your normally in your room or don't try and make me feel guilty
Cheeky monkey
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Mother issues

Postby Bel Bel » Thu May 22, 2014 12:04 pm

Teenagers have mood swings and it's true that one minute they are in their room shutting themselves away, or doing stuff with their own friends and then suddenly they want to be with there family
Unfortunately in life people can't always be with you at the drop of a hat at the time you are ready to be with them
I think you need to plan ahead some time with your mum.
Perhaps schedule in a visit to the cinema or a day out shopping. Or even better do something that costs nothing like a picnic to show it is just about spending time. But you can't then cancel because you get a better offer if you want to be taken seriously
Also make sure when you ask to spend time together you ask her when she is least stressed. Don't demand but tell her you'd love to spend some time together and when is she free fro a couple of hours.

Give you mum time to settle in her new job, after all it's only three weeks away until she gets it

As for the holiday your education comes first and your mum thought she was doing the right thing. She obviously cares how you feel or she wouldn't have booked another one. You can't always have want you want in life and sometimes things don't seem fair but she wasn't deliberately discluding you just thinking of your future rather than a few days on a holiday
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: Mother issues

Postby flashcampbell » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:21 am

I'm sure she does care but, if she's stressed, she'll find it difficult to deal with another person's feelings, too. I get like that with my children sometimes but always feel bad afterwards and try to have a chat with them when I'm in a better frame of mind. I think it's communication that probably needs working on. It's very hard for you because you don't necessarily have the life experience to see where she's coming from but, if you try, it will stop her from being defensive. I also agree about suggesting just you and her do something together when she has more time and perhaps a girly holiday when you are no longer at school?
flashcampbell
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Parents