Mother always controlling me...

For problems with parents, whatever your age...

Mother always controlling me...

Postby Nibblez » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:35 am

I've been dealing with her being so controlling for about 3 years and I am so sick and tired of it. I really need someone to help me try to figure this out so I can finally be in peace. I always had a boyfriend between 9 months to 1 year for the past 3 years. All of them have something similar, my mother was trying to be a part of each of them and try to tell me what to do. About what I am doing wrong and how I need to do something specific... I have had enough. I need to become independent, not her always being up my butt 24/7 in MY relationship. I have tried to talk to her about it how she is in my business almost all the time now, she says each time "I have made you, I can also destroy you if you don't listen to me" or "your business is my business, including your love life" I understand how my mom can be a part of it, I really do. But when she watches me like a hawk every time my boyfriend is near, it is just too much. Last year, I got to the point where I made one little mistake, I would look at her to see if she's mad at me. Another thing, and I know ( or I at least I think I do) parents are supposed to take away their kids stuff that they love the most, I understand that completely. But every time I do one little thing wrong, for example, if I am just really quiet and trying to work on something, she will ask what's wrong? i'll say nothing, just trying to do my work. she'll say oh, well you look like you are grouchy. and i'll say no, just trying to focus. then she'll say something totally random like well we don't hang out anymore so i thought you would want to hang out but never mind. I would say we can hang out in a hour or two, I need to do schoolwork. then she will get hissed off and just throw a fit, swear at me, and say well you are grounded little girl.... So... Yeah... I know I am not the perfect human being, I make A LOT of mistakes. I just want to have a decent relationship with my mother. But it's gotten to the point where I am really REALLY starting to dislike her every time she even says something... I know that sounds mean, but I can't stand her anymore.. I just want a regular, strict mother...
Last edited by snail on Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No swearing please.
Nibblez
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Mother always controlling me...

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:19 pm

How old are you?
Is your father around and how is your relationship with him if he is?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Parents