brother caused argument now dad says he's leaving

For problems with parents, whatever your age...
louise06
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

brother caused argument now dad says he's leaving

Post by louise06 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:22 am

hi need a bit of advice on brother and dad.

On Sunday, my bro and dad had a big argument, shouting swearing at each other. my bro is 15. any way my mum stoped them and dad hit the door leaving a hole in it.

Last night my dad starting drinking (he can get very volient and nasty when he drinks) my mum went into their bedroom to see if he was ok. he started to shut at her and told her to go away. he told her as she keeps sticking up for my brother then she needs to chose between him and my brother. my mum got upset and tried to talk to him.

My dad then said he was leaving and would not come back. he manged to drink 1 and a half bottles of wiskey, which really scared us all.

i dont want him to go neither does my mum. i hate to see my family arguing and im scared of what my dad might do next.

i would be very grateful for any advice on how to handle this

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Post by Bel Bel » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:50 am

Well family conselling is one option
With out more detail about what caused the arguement it's hard to know what else to advise
Is this a regular occurence.
Your mum shouldn't chuck out her son at 15 unless he is doing something particular bad, like drugs, being violent etc
Your dad is certaily not helping the situation by drinking especially if he gets violent and this seems wquie an extreme reaction to a verbal fight, is the more to this than even you know
All teenagers get argumentative it is a normal part of growing up
Is you brother your dads child or a step son?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

louise06
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by louise06 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:59 am

my brother is turning into a teenage boy, which is normal. my dad has a very bad temper even a little thing starts him off. yes he his son. he dont normally drink that much. my mum dont let him drink spirts as she knows how he will get.

My dads family all like a drink and are all short tempered.

When he was young his dad use to drink alot and take it out on the kids and take his belt off and hit them. i suppose my dad thinkd if happened to him then is good for any one. he has never hit us or any thing but i know there is a small chance he might and it will be my brother he he keeps going the way he is.

even when i was a baby (now 20) my mum used to have to drag him out of pubs he used to be a heavy drinker but has slowed down untill now. i really dont want my family to split. i know my mum would not be able to cope.

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Post by Bel Bel » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:53 pm

It sounds like your dad needs some anger management but not sure how you could get him to go
Two males full of testosterone in one place is not good at the best of times but when one has a short temper you have seen the effect for yourself
However I think your mum has to be the one to take the lead here
Your dad is wrong so your mum is defending your brother and rightly so but your dad is offended when she does this
You dad is causing the possible spilt in the family by making your mum choose so your mum has to be the one to stand up to him and say that's not fair
Ultimately if your dad decides to leave there isn't really much you can do.
Things may well calm down by tomorrow, often these things do
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK