i dont know what to do

For problems with parents, whatever your age...
xhannahlucyx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

i dont know what to do

Post by xhannahlucyx » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:32 pm

hiya urm i dont know if this is going to sound complicated but i will say anyway cos it getting me and my mum down....

for the past year n a half [roughly] my dad hasnt been paying the CSA cos my parents split when i was young cos he is not paying. i used to see him 2 times a week, and then it became once, my mum wouldnt let me see him after the christmas that has gone, im not to bothered about this because it was literally boring going there, he wouldnt do anything with me and my lil sis, he would just watch tv and not do anything else, i told my mum this and she was just her normal way, always just muttering to herself cos she literally hated him cos she is in so much debt because he hasnt been paying her. well anyways, my mum just looked at her account to see how much money she got cos we going on holiday soon [this was booked well before this was happening] and she is near her overdraft limit, there isnt alot of money going in but loads coming out to pay bills, it is seriously getting her down and depressed, i dont no what to do around her i just feel so arkward around her, i feel its my fault [i no its not but i just feel responsible cos its my dad] and now its starting to get to me aswell, obviously my lil sis doesnt really understand [she only 6] and i have nobody to really talk to cos all my friends, their parents are still togeher, but i cant help but feel jelous of them!!

i dont know what to do and no one to turn to. please help!!!! thanks!!!

brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by brfc » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:44 pm

hey hannahlucy

its always hard when parents split up. tends to be alot of tension that goes on plus really hard when other kids go on about there dads. i can imagine the feeling of jelousy towards them.

as far as your dad can your mum not get the csa to chase your dad up for payments? your dad needs to pay money for you and your sis regardless as to weather he sees you.

i guess from your point of veiw theres not much you can do. i guess just being there for your mum is all you can do.

if things ever get too you again and you feel like someone to talk too im here anytime as im sure lots of others on this site.

your never alone. feel free to pm me anytime

take care brfc x

xhannahlucyx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by xhannahlucyx » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:02 pm

hiyaa thanks for the comment

yeah the csa are tryin to get hold of him, they have been for ages, i no they have other cases, but y is it taking so long!!! he owes alot of money, and i mean lots!! i'm not bothered that i dont see him, its the fact he cant be bothered even to pay for me or my lil sisters life basically, my mum cant give me pocket money anymore, she can hardly take us out anywhere, she is working all the time to try and pay off bills, its like he is taking over our lifes even though he is not there!!!! i no 'hate' is a stronger word to use, but i really think and feel these feelings are turning into hate. i dont know what to do!!

and i appreciate every comment thanks xxx

xhannahlucyx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by xhannahlucyx » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:51 pm

oh my god....my mum even more depressed now!!! she rang CSA this morning and they still havent done anthing about it, it really getting her down! i no i should be there for her and i am trying to be but she just pushes me away! *sighs* i dont know what to do anymore....

please help!

brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by brfc » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:33 pm

your mum could try citizens advice. when i was having trouble with money went there and they cut my payments down to smaller sums so that i could free up more money to live on. i kno its hard going at the mo but hopefully the csa will find ur dad soon. if your ever feeling down im always here if u fancy a chat. take care brfc x