I can't forgive my sister

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I can't forgive my sister

Postby saramidnite » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:44 pm

Hello.
My middle sister and me are not close. She lied to family which is why one side of my family don't speak to her. Even pretended to have a miscarriage two weeks after I did. She use to just to ignore my dad side of the family. Which really upset my aunt. me and my aunt were close. My sister went after my ex and my current bf. Claiming it was a joke and found it funny. But she was sending him private messages and valentines cards. If it was a joke she would flirt with him openly not secretly. I My parents did have a messy dovice when we were young. I admit I don't speak to my parents due to the abuse i got. My main issue is I can't forgive my sis. My aunt now taking my sister side and mad I not fly over to see her for one day as she now had a baby. But my sister hardly turns up to any plans she agrees to. It would cost me to much money. My aunt fuming with me. I really upset. I scared to be around my dad. Which my aunt knows. And aunt having a family party for her son. She knows I can't get the day off work but I look like a bad person for not making more of an effort with my sister. I call and text her. She ignores me or hardly replies. She tells me to visit and she don't turn up. Even does it to my grandparents. She don't even thank me for cards or presents. I wish I wasn't so mad with her
saramidnite
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: I can't forgive my sister

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:17 pm

As they say you can't pick your family.
I'm not sure there is anything I can suggest except explain to your aunt you have tried to make an effort and just get ignored and you are not willing to spend the money when it will just be an awful trip for you
Send a card to your sister just to say congratulations so you are still showing a level of interest and she can't say you don't do anything
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby saramidnite » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:24 pm

Thank for replying. I sent her a card a week after her baby was born. She never said thank you. My nan gave her the card so I know she got it. I tried telling my aunt I can't fly over as work can change my day off with a days notice. It didn't go down well.
saramidnite
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby johnay » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:43 pm

I think youve got to get on with your life in a stable way. Try to make visits to your Aunt when it is convenient for YOU.If they are funny with you then they dont deserve you in their lives. You have done all the rights things with your sister and Aunt from my perspective.. Dont allow them to mess you about and show them you dont need them by being independent. Carry on texting or phoning regularly so they cant complain that you dont bother with them but dont jump when they say jump. You have a job and work schedule and hey have to realise that. If your sister messes you around with arrangements then rfuse to make any unless she agrees to be reliable.Hopefully when they know you are in the driving seat then they will behave better and show you more respect. If not then get on with your life anyway so that you have more peace of mind. Familiy can be very difficult but they cant expect you to be a doormat for them
johnay
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Siblings