Am I over reacting?

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Am I over reacting?

Postby Bigmama85 » Mon May 23, 2011 6:47 pm

This is really quite complicated to explain but I'll try.

Back at Christmas I hooked up with a guy at our staff party. We both said is was a bit of fun cos neither of us wanted anything more. Since then we became good friends, both of us have sons & it was good to get them out together. We slept together a few times but again we both agreed it was fun, nothing more.

I now have a very strong feeling he's seeing my sister. There are a lot of reasons why I think this but the final straw came today when it turned out my sister took my son out for the day with him and his son. Now that I don't mind but neither of them told me even though I have spoken to them both since then. I feel like they are lying to me and, to a certain extent, betraying me. It also feels like they are ignoring me.

I hate thinking this and a man has never come between me & my sister before but if she is seeing him I'd rather she told me. I don't want to fall out with her but if she keeps lying to me it may just come to that.
Bigmama85
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Am I over reacting?

Postby Ticktock » Mon May 23, 2011 7:39 pm

Well technically neither has lied to you, as you are sitting there stewing waiting for your sister, or the man you really weren't interested in, to come and seek your blessing.

Ask your sister if she is going out with him, if she says no, then present your evidence, and probably get told it is none of your business. You aren't children anymore and she really doesn't need to seek permission to go out with a man you have been out with...

Is this going out with your son more the problem, her playing happy families with a man who you might have been interested in?

While you are thinking about that, pick up the phone and ring your sister, and stop stewing!
Ticktock
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Am I over reacting?

Postby Bigmama85 » Mon May 23, 2011 7:56 pm

I know where you're coming from. It's hard to explain. There is probably some truth about the whole "happy families" thing. I know when the two of us go out people think she is my son's mother & that does get to me a little cos she does act like it with me sometimes.

I wish it didn't bother me, I always have the feeling she looks down on me & this is just another thing on top of a whole host of things she does or says to make me feel like rubbish.
Bigmama85
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Siblings