Twin Brother

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Twin Brother

Postby Millenia » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:42 am

I had a huge falling out with my brother a couple of nights ago. I asked him if i could play his xbox for a bit while he was at work and he said 'sure' so when he left i went into his room to find that he had hidden his console from me. Knowing my brother he does these thing's all the time to get at me and he finally pushed my button that night.
I went onto his computer and i deleted about 60gb worth of movies including adult movies, anime etc. When the next day arrived i got called all the names under the sun by him, and i replied 'you need to learn that when you act like a child you will get treated like one and be punished'.

Me and my brother are twins, we will be both 24 years old in 2 weeks and ever since we were little he has always been the 'baby' of the family. With small thing's i would always get told off by my dad as if i should know better because im older (by ten minutes!). My parents have always treated my brother in a different way to me which in the end has made me turn out to be the independent one and him the guy who they will be stuck with till he's 30. He calls my mother horrible names when he doesn't get his way, my dad says nothing about it but when i have a comment to say (which is not swearing at my mother) i get shouted at for it. I get shouted at for sticking up for my mother as im pretty much telling my brother to cut it out.

When we were all in the car the day after it all happened, my dad told me 'you should know better', but it was if he was saying 'you should know better, your bother doesn't' as if it's alright for him to act in this way. I replied 'and did you tell you son off for being childish?' and he said no.
What really gets to me is this whole divide between us, i have tried so damn hard the past few years to do thing's with him but in the end he always ends up doing something stupid or acting childish, he would even make fun of me in front of my friends one of my friends saying 'you know that really isn't funny', but my brother is so childish that he thinks it is.

My parents shout at my brother when he is being lazy and not getting a job, and im like 'well you have treated him like a baby' and they just get really angry after that.

I did say sorry to my brother about his computer but i told him i would rather not talk to him until he has had a proper think about the way he behaves to everyone, how embarrassing it is and he should grow up a little. I think in the end though i will just loose all contact with my brother as he really doesn't give a rubbish.

Millenia
Millenia
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Twin Brother

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:51 am

uNFORTUNATELY i THINK YOU KNOW THE ONLY WAY HE WILL CHANGE IS IF YOUR PARENTS START TREATING HIM DIFFEREnTLY - sorry on caps :oops:
I would be actually be grateful they have been the way they have with you because as you say it has made you independent and more mature and thats got to be better than being like he is at his age.
Also when you point it out to your parents I think they know it's there fault/failing and thats why they act all defensively, not really on behalf of your brother but because they know it's there fault and don't wnat to have to admit it.
I wouldn't stoop to his level though as it could become one big tit for tat that never ends and one of you gets something precious broken etc
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Millenia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:39 am

Just a small dilemma.

My brother ,dad and me use the same internet connection through a router. Because my brother is constantly downloading things from the net, it is taking me at least 30 minutes before i can get onto Google, and as many times as i have said this to my dad he keeps saying that 'well i'll find out how much it would be for him to get his own line then', and nothings been done so far.

My only problem is that im paying for half of it, not being able to use it and i start my new course on Monday so i will need the access for researching journals etc. Should i just bite the bullet and refuse to pay for it if nothing's been done when i start my course? . Not really sure how to tackle this without an argument.

Millenia
Millenia
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:46 am

Can you not pay for your own line?
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Millenia » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:42 am

I never thought of that!

I'll talk to my dad about me getting my own line in :)
Millenia
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:40 pm

haha sometimes some of the easiest solutions are the hardest ones to find. Good luck with getting one.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby ObiWan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:26 pm

Another suggestion that would be quite quick, get a usb wi-fi from one of the big providers, depends how much you use it of course. Got one for my mum, cost £80 for the year, 1gb monthly limit, but was a reasonable speed. If you did that, you could then legitimately refuse to pay for your part of the other one, as you are using your own link.
ObiWan
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Siblings