druggie brother

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

druggie brother

Postby dunnowottodo » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:40 pm

Just a quick intro -
My brother as not worked for 5 yrs he has a 2 year old he hasnt seen in a yr. Has wrecked my family with his drugs problem.
I am living with my husband and 2 kids. My sister lives in Manchester with her boyfriend moved out cause of my brother. My dad works away during the wk and spends rest of time having a go at my brother. He as hit my dad age 55 he has stolen money and bottles of wine from him, he has threaten to kill him, and thrown him down the stairs so my dad works away. He as left twice but come back for my mam and my sister. My sister S is 15 she has had enough now. He stole her laptop few mths back. Hits her for no reason, last week nicked her phone texted her friends absive messages telling them to not bother with her and that her life is better without them. and last night took her ds which she loves. S told me today she wants to run away and is thinking about killing herself as this as been going on for 5 yrs. She is doing her exams now and hides in her bedroom. I have asked her to live with me she says she dont wanna leave my mam. My mam looks after my kids while im in work (oldest in school youngest is 18mths. I hate leaving my kids there) However it gives my mam something to do she kicked my brother out and then had a breakdown now she dont she his kid and was taken into hospital twice she refused to eat. My brother swears, shouts and treats my mum like rubbish, I believe she is scared of him.
However everyone seems to do wot he wants and dunno wot to do???
Im very concerned for my sis and my brother wont listen to anyone. We have asked him bout the drugs. His ex said he was on them and a few of his old friends said they have taken over his life!!!
Please Help any ideas please
dunnowottodo
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: druggie brother

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:39 am

Talk to Frank. Do a search for them online (Frank) - they will explain to you about drug use/abuse and maybe advise you on how to help
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:10 pm

Your mum needs to chuck your brother out but only she can decide to do that
You have offered your sister a way out, you can't force her to take it however
I would be more worried about leaving your kids there, can't your mum come to your house and look after them. You should not be exposing your kids to this situation just to give your mum something to do
I agree about getting in contact with frank who can offer you help and support
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby morris mouse » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:18 pm

Here's the link for the "Talk to Frank" website.......

http://www.talktofrank.com/home_html.aspx
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby agonyaunt9 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:14 pm

Try to have a chat with you brother about it all. Maybe he has problems he isn't telling you about?
I agree with another person who posted a reply, you shouldn't leave your kids at the house whilst your brother is living there.

Talking to Frank may help, however most drug takers or people who like alcohol will be in denial. And may take offense that you even got involved or tryed to help him. Try talking to him about seeing his son. Or maybe trying to get his life sorted out?

Or even better you could offer him jobs to be done for you which you could pay him. This may give him the insentive and less time spent with drugs or alcohol?

I hope you make the right decision, Good Luck.
x
agonyaunt9
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:26 am

agonyaunt9 wrote:Or even better you could offer him jobs to be done for you which you could pay him. This may give him the insentive and less time spent with drugs or alcohol?

I think that is a good idea.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Delightful » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:32 pm

Hi just cn this site and think its great that everyone can talk and help each other out. Well my bother was into drugs and dealt for a while. Im from a large family and he and I were extremely close - that all ended when he was on drugs. He hit my dad - robbed from us - lied constantly and God only knows what else he got up to!! My advice is to talk to your mum - I take it from your post that your kids keep your mum going - try explain to her that with your brother there you are not at all happy and for her safety and that of your sister that it would be better off if both your parents asked him to leave. If he refuses unfortuntely you would have to call the police but it might do the trick. Luckily my brother sorted himself out but it was a long hard road for him - we are not as close to each other now but he is clean and not an embarrasement to anyone. I really hope that you can sort this out - its going to be hard, there will be alot of tears but stick together. Your brother wont admit to any of you that he is a user - anyone with an addiction wont admit that so best of luck with it - keep us informed xxxx
Delightful
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Siblings