Should I Delete her contact ?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Should I Delete her contact ?

Postby Nagyat » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:22 pm

I met a lady at a local charity shop admiring a apir of shoes. I told her how nice and comfortable they were as I have one and she told me they were too expensive. She had recently moved with her husband and son from Africa and not working so could not afford it. I am also originally from Africa.We then got chatting and lo and behold, she lives few streets away from me. She asked for my number and we parted. That same day we met again at the health centre and she went on about how is not well and all that. We said our goodbyes. I am someone who easily makes friends and often gets hurt as I give too much and taken advantage of so I was quite hesitant to even call her. She even lives close to the park I take my kids but I never know the right time to visit or call. This lady once called me , feeling really frustrated, telling me how lonely she gets when her son and husband goes to work. She is even depressed because her in Visa was still being processed, hence she cannot even work. She regrets coming to UK and living all her families and already established life in Africa. She asked me how long Id been in UK and I told her over 10 years.She asked of my job which I told her and I also do freelance Career Advisory service so she even said she will come to me when she obtain her work visa to help her look for a job. I calmed her and shared few on my personal experiences when I came to the UK and assured her that it is normal but she'll get over it when she starts working. I asked if she has friends around and she said a few of her son's school friend's mom had invited her but she's not sure as she needs to know people well before visiting. I told her there is always a start and she should give them the chance. I also told her that we often come to the park and will pass by with the kids sometime. She said OK that will be lovely as she's dying of boredom. About a week later , I called to find out if was available as we were planning on having picnic at the park. I called twice but no response. Later the same day on the evening, I met her at the local shop and she smiled nicely and I just said OO ' been trying to get hold of you as we were coming to the park. She hesitated, said ooo yes, I was planning to call you in the evening.I met her between 7-8pm. I was in a rush as hubby and the kids were waiting for me at the car and told her another time. A week later, I wassup her just saying hello ... but she never responded. I could tell from wassup she read my message. I have recently called her and she quickly told me she was on a way out and will call back right away. I never heard from her. I am think should I just delete her contact? or leave it but stop contacting her? could I have done /said something wrong? I only approached her because she opened up to me and she seemed like she wanted a friend.I don't have many friends as well and I thought this was going to work. I'm confused. What do you think?
Nagyat
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Should I Delete her contact ?

Postby snail » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:35 am

I would leave her contact details in place, but not contact her again now unless she contacts you first. I don't think you did anything wrong; I'm sure it was just something that was going on in her - it sounds as though she has some difficulties with social interactions sometimes. You did your best but you can only do so much.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Should I Delete her contact ?

Postby Nagyat » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:19 pm

Thank you for this. Will leave as it is until she contacts me.
Nagyat
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Friends