House Mates

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

House Mates

Postby Elc41 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:01 pm

I've been living with my university friends for only a month now, and its going terrible!
They have no respect for the house (its filthy) and refuse to clean up after themselves. (I even found weed on my living room floor)
The worst problem however is the noise...
I don't drink alcohol and not particularly interested in clubbing, but my housemates go out 4 times a week at least without fail.
My bedroom is where the conventional living room is in a house, with the rest of the housemates living upstairs.
When it comes to predrinking, they turn their music up so loud (even from the attic rooms) that my room vibrates.
They finally leave to go to clubs at around midnight and return at around 3-4am, shouting, laughing, talking outside my door, slamming doors, putting the TV on and generally being a nuisance...
The worst part is, i've spoken to them about it and they promised they would be quieter... but because they get so drunk they lose all awareness and consideration and nothings changed.
They won't stop drinking on my behalf whatsoever, and think I am in the wrong for complaining all the time, its gotten so bad now that I haven't slept a full night in 2 weeks and my uni work is being affected by my exhaustion and stress
Any advice?
Elc41
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: House Mates

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:10 am

Is it possible to find someone to swap with. You go to a quieter house and someone who wants to party comes to yours?
Meantime try some earplugs.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: House Mates

Postby rufio89 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:27 am

I agree with BelBel.

Unfortunately this is just what most student houses are like and while it's insensitive of them to keep you up, it's also in their rights to go out and make noise (especially since you're in the minority).

I'd suggest finding a house with people who dont drink? Or medical/nursing students, they tend to be in placement a lot of the time so dont go out as much during the week.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Friends