Is she trying to make me jealous and is it working?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Is she trying to make me jealous and is it working?

Postby lunababes101 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:21 pm

Well, recently a girl joins my friend group. Everyone opens her in with open arms and I don't mind either. However, as soon as she finds out, from one of my other friends, that I have a crush, she seems to keep challenging me. If I say I like something, she'll agree. Also she'll always tell me how much she likes something, the same things as my crush. She's even mentioned that she has a crush and said that I would never guess who. It makes me think that she likes the same guy as me and is trying to make me feel inferior and trying to prove that she is more 'compatible' with him than me.
Another thing is that I've never believed that I am the jealous type, but I seem to just hate her for no reason, so I'm questioning if this is jealousy I am feeling, and if I have bought that feeling on myself or if she's purposely doing this.
lunababes101
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Is she trying to make me jealous and is it working?

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:59 am

She may be trying really hard to fit in and that's why she is copying you.
Also the crush could be on you, that's why you'll never guess who it is.
Why not try asking her about things she likes before telling her how you feel about something then she can't copy.
Don't forget she is trying to fit into an already established group so she is probably a little insecure about the whole thing
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: Is she trying to make me jealous and is it working?

Postby lunababes101 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:12 pm

Okay thanks, I'm doubting the whole crush thing, but I'll try to make her feel more welcome.
lunababes101
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Friends