Friend zone???

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Friend zone???

Postby Mrconfused74 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:50 am

Ok, can you still be friends with someone after telling them you like them more than a friend? Or could you still be friends with someone that says they want to take things further??

I ask because after seemingly getting the wrong idea, I told asked a female friend if we were more than friends, to which she said no. Even though looking at things she said etc you would think otherwise. So can things go back to how they were??
Mrconfused74
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Friend zone???

Postby snail » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:54 pm

To be honest, I don't think they can really. At least, not until after a long time has elapsed and you both forget about it a bit (or pretend to). It's always a bit awkward, and the person who doesn't have the romantic or sexual feelings will always worry (correctly I think) about encouraging the other person or hurting them.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Friend zone???

Postby Mrconfused74 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:31 pm

Ok so after I said it, we didn't talk as I was away! But over the last few weeks things have been exactly the same as before I said anything. Has she really dismissed it that quick? Or is she just desperate for male attention??

I mean we have even video chatted since, which I find weird but I did it anyway. We've discussed meeting for lunch, she even said next time we video chat she'll show me all her tattoos??? Does this really sound like a woman that just wants to be friends?? Or as I say is she enjoying the flirting and banter??
Mrconfused74
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Friends