Problem at work

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter
pdk
Just Landed
Just Landed

Problem at work

Post by pdk »

Hi,
I am quite expirienced, but still feel i am not mature enough to handle certain situations myself.
I had to go through certain redundencies, decade ago, due to some personal issue i was going through, i was unable to contribute to my work and was new to this country.
Later, since i our industry was small world, that had made me difficult to any new jobs.

But still i was able to change companies and work 4/5 companies in past decade. Past 7 years i worked for some startup and i took some couple of months back and when i came back our backbone manager left and some were made redundant and i was one of them.
I fortunately got another fixed term contract for a year but had to travel for new job. I did very well in that contract, and also got new offer.
I went for the new job , after my contract ended.

Here, i had quite different domain, but still in the same area of expertise. Some areas were quite new for me. Mostof the collegues were almost more than 20 years exp and were not very supportive for new comers. The company was sold to American company and owner outsourced the testing to kolkatta.

I had difficulty here to ramp up and put lot of efforts. and finally the module i was supposed to work, i did good job and my team lead told in the meeting that i did good job. I also got good appraisal. This is at start of first lockdown.
The team lead told me to ask something to some test lady in kolkatta. I never knew her. I messaged her and she was busy . So i asked another colegue and got it resolved. But that lady from kolkatta later responded. I had already got the issue reolved. So since she asked casual qs she started chatting to me. Suddenly inbeteween she says some urgent work and goes inactive/active on her messgener several times. I got doubt. After couple of times. i saw, my team lead is also going the same way. I started observing and this continues all day long !!!.
Whenever my team lead calls me over messanger to do review or some work related discussion, she goes offline and suddenly i see my team lead gets disturbed and ends the call.

I put lot of effort for this job and this mess kept on going. She is married to another test guy in Kolkatta, and he also supports her in this task, which i came to know.

Later there was another kind of messanger, which she logs into and stays up late and around 2am in indian time, she comes online on that and my team lead also comes online at that time. If he doesnot she'll stay all night online. Sometimes as soon as he comes online, her husband logs away from the second messages.
And over weekend, she comes online for half an hour for 5/6 times.
And my team lead also comes online for half hours for 5/6 times.

When i was initially asked her, whats that shes going for some secret work, and why she's going offline whenever my team lead calls me ..she stopped talking to me and told my manager that i disturb her

It is she , who is indirectly disturbung me. But very clever lady and she does know what she does and donot get trapped anywhere.
I feel, even with this expirience, i feel i am being fully defeated by her.

My area of expertise there are not many jobs here in UK, so i am quite concerned about this...

I keep seeing her, she is all the time over the other messnger, at odd times... and now as soon as she comes, my team lead comes online at very odd times..

She is playing mindgames, what should i do...

thanks a lot
pdk
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem at work

Post by snail »

I'm not completely clear about what she's doing, but can't you just ignore whether she is online or offline? Unless you need her to answer a question, just do your own work and ignore her.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
pdk
Just Landed
Just Landed

Post by pdk »

Thankyou snail.

yes, i.e true i should just do my work. But for me to work, i need to interact with the team lead as we donot have any documents. Everything is by mouth.

She is not directly disturbing me.
But for around 25 times she goes active/inactive and same time my team lead does that during all day. If i ask something to my team lead during this and he just ignores it. And on another messenger she comes online and same time he comes for half an hour thoughout the night. ( 4 or 5 times)

I never interested in that.. But it indirectly affects my work, as my team lead just into this and just try to finish his work.. And doesnot help me with queries..and doesnot assign me work, so he can do quickly himself..
I feel, i will be redundant soon/
pdk
Just Landed
Just Landed

Post by pdk »

actually her husband also supports that.

As my team lead is key member, they will gain from this..

And they both grab all good work got lot of awards..other team members are just masked.