How do I move pass the humiliation

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter
Ellis
Just Landed
Just Landed

How do I move pass the humiliation

Post by Ellis » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:03 am

I started a new job and I am very good at it. However, the admin assistant has done nothing but given me a lot of grief. Shes rude and disrespectful and doesnt complete the work I ask her to do. We had a chat which I thought resolved it but her attitude continued and we ended up having an argument.
I had previously spoken to my manager about it and she encouraged me to talk to her but I felt she took her side.
I felt so disappointed as she gave her the sympathy vite as she is a family friend of the manager.
I was working late once and i thought i complete the rest of the work tomorrow and then she yells at me in front of everyone at a managers cluster meeting in front of the admin assistant who laughed at me in the office.
How do I get passed this. I felt so depresssed and felt she humiliated me in front of everyone. She questioned me 4 times and was questioned me about something else which I felt was inappropriate.

Edited by reckoner for typo: "questioned"

X_Smiler_X

Re: How do I move pass the humiliation

Post by X_Smiler_X » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:29 am

Hi, and welcome to PP.

Firstly, take a deep breath. You sound very agitated, and I can understand why. Are you a supervisor? I just wondered as you said she doesn't complete the work you ask her to do.

If so, then you should go back to your manager and explain, calmly, your grievances. It sounds to me that this girl is taking the biscuit out of you because you are new. The amount of places I've worked at and seen this happen is off the scale. In time she will learn to respect you, but respect should be dished out too.

It's always tough being in a new job, in time you will settle in nicely and wonder what you were ever worried about.

Best of luck!

Smiler 😀
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you :D