Why is this married man acting like this towards me?

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

What does this gaze mean?

Postby grace765 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:20 am

I'm pretty close friends with this guy and we've known each other for a few years. He and I met up with each other and we were sitting at a booth in a restaurant and he was talking to me. After he was done talking, we both went silent for a moment. I had looked down for a second, but then when I looked back up at him, I found him staring and smiling at me with his head tilted off to the side. His eyes slightly crinkled for a couple of seconds while he was staring at me. He looked at me like that for about eight seconds. Then, he started talking again. Why did he look at me like that?
grace765
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: What does this gaze mean?

Postby boulding » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi Grace

This guy clearly likes you because he wanted to chat to you one on one but whether this is just as a friend or anything more only time will tell. Don't waste time trying to analyse what this gaze or facial expression means after all he could just be suppressing an hiccup. Just enjoy the friendship for what it is and see what happens.
boulding
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby grace765 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:48 pm

What if this man is married?
grace765
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby boulding » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:31 am

Hi Grace

If he's married I think you should avoid having cosy chats with him. Just keep him as a casual friend.
boulding
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Why is this married man acting like this towards me?

Postby grace765 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:07 pm

My friend and I were both talking to each other alone. While he was talking to me, he kept touching his face a lot. He'd rub his chin, touch his neck and lips. He spent most of the time touching his lips with the tip of his fingers while he was talking to me. He's never done any of this in front of me before.

Normally when he texts me, he doesn't initiate the conversation and doesn't use any emoticons within his messages. But just recently, he has started initiating the conversations and he has started using emoticons like smileys whenever he'd text me.

Also, as I was heading out to leave, he said, "I hope you enjoy the warm weather, such as yourself." But then he caught himself and quickly said, "such as today."

He's married and I'm single. What's going on with him?
grace765
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Why is this married man acting like this towards me?

Postby Tarantula » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:56 am

He's attracted to you and is testing the waters to see if an affair is possible.

Is it?
Tarantula
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Why is this married man acting like this towards me?

Postby boulding » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi Grace

I can tell you exactly what all this "means." It means he's a creep.

Tarantula is absolutely right he is testing the water with you. He's being disloyal to his wife and leading you on.

Don't let yourself be a sucker. Stop texting him and if he starts up some soppy conversation with you start asking after his wife ( and probably children).

Good luck
boulding
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives