He’s uncomfortable around me.

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

He’s uncomfortable around me.

Postby I_need_Sugar » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:13 pm

Hi all

Story cut short. I was with someone 6 years ago and it lasted a few months but I split up with him because I didn’t think the relationship was working.

For the past 6 years we have kept in touch as friends, until February this year we had sex. He has a gf and he lives with her and I’m Assuming they are still together he never talks about her. Things were a bit awkward for a while afterwards and we didn’t really talk. However we started communicating again via what’s app in a social group with another mutual friend of ours.
In our what’s app group we get on great and talk pretty much every single day and the conversation just flows,however if I message him privately he’s quite cold towards me and may just get very short answers from him or very little conversation.
I don’t really know what to do, can anyone help? X
I_need_Sugar
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: He’s uncomfortable around me.

Postby reckoner » Tue May 01, 2018 8:44 am

Well, you both have history, and he has a girlfriend. So I think he has drawn a line between what he thinks is acceptable communication between you (public / social) and unacceptable communication (private / personal). I think he is trying to keep you as a friend while ensuring it doesn't go beyond that. A well-meaning effort, in my view. If you want to continue being in contact with him, I think you must respect those lines and be very clear with yourself that friendship is all that's on offer here.
reckoner

Re: He’s uncomfortable around me.

Postby Tarantula » Tue May 08, 2018 2:10 pm

Well yeah he's pooping himself thinking you might tell gf that sex happened.

He's not only an ex, he's an ex who cheats. You're well shot of this one. Is he more attractive to you now because he has a girlfriend? That's not an accusation, I'm genuinely interested. Like if the fact that he's an ex didn't put you off from sleeping with him, then the fact that he has a girlfriend certainly should have.
Tarantula
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives