took a loan behind my back

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: took a loan behind my back

Postby lena12 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:44 pm

does anyone know about cheap divorces on line and if they are genuine. i looked on the citizens advice website and they said not to go with any of them and you would still have to pay the application fee
lena12
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby lena12 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:23 pm

Any replies please also when should i tell the kids. they are all over 20. my sons birthday is in 2 weeks should i wait until after that so not to spoil things for him?
lena12
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby stephie2 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:51 pm

I personally think you are better off out of the relationship. There doesn't seem much trust there at all. Without trust you don't have a relationship.
stephie2
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby lena12 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:02 pm

yes i hear the advice thankyou. do you ever feel you have wasted your life with the wrong man and ever wished if you had met someone better cos i do. i do feel trapped so much and feel this is it and theres no way out of it so i have to stay and live in a unhappy marriage and lead a unhappy life. my sons girlfriends mum is with a man who as a good job and plenty of money lives in a lovely house and doesnt need for anything. why couldnt that of been me. why was i the one to be with someone who as nothing and debts that will never go away and to live a hard horrible life. why me. if only i could of saw my life with him i would of walked the other way. ive been feeling like theres a lot of pressure in my head and i cry alot. i know its because im stressed and im depressed. i wish i could walk out on this life i have and never look back. my biggest regret is that i met him settled down to quick and i look back with so many regrets.
lena12
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby lena12 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:20 am

Any replies?
lena12
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Tarantula » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:03 pm

That's a tough situation. However, I think you are not seeing things entirely accurately.

You are in control and you're in this mess due to your own choices.

I know that's a hard pill to swallow, but the flipside is this: you CAN walk away and never look back. The only thing stopping you is yourself; the same self who got herself into this. Are you going to keep doing what that self says you should do, or are you going to do things differently?

My guess is, you'll find a reason to stay and be in exactly the same situation - or worse - in a year from now. Because most people don't change the trajectory of their lives. They whinge and complain about it but ultimately choose to stay there.

Remember: YOU are responsible for how your life turns out. You can decide to do the scary, unfamiliar thing and change. Or, you can stay the same, and what will your results do? You guessed it - stay the same.

You can't put it all on him. You're not in control of his or anyone else's behaviour. But you are in control of how you RESPOND to that behaviour.

You need to take responsibility, however difficult it may seem, and start thinking 'what is going to make me happy in the long term? Not just today, but further down the line? What do I really want?'

And then.... DO it.

Life's too short.
Tarantula
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Previous

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives