Not sure why she ignored me

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Not sure why she ignored me

Postby Kyle156x6 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi,
So here's the story. I just started at a new university and on the first day I sat next to this girl. We started chatting and she seemed alright. Over the next few days we spoke a bit here and there, she even chose yo sit next to me the one day. On the Friday I asked for her number and she gave it to me, and later that day I asked her out for lunch and she said yes. So we went for lunch (on Saturday) and it went alright, it was quite chilled and comfortable. After lunch we went for a walk around the park. Later that evening, after we had gone our separate ways, she sent a message saying that she was home and thanks for lunch. And then straight after I asked if she'd like to do it again sometime, and then she just did not respond. I was quite confused and sad. But then on the Tuesday we saw each other and she said hello. This confused me even more.

My logic tells me that if she wanted to see me again she would have responded to my text. But then why would she say hello? Am I just being weird?
Kyle156x6
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Not sure why she ignored me

Postby David020549 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:28 am

Hi. Saying hello was just being polite, no more.
You had a date she checked you out and decided you were not the one for her and that could be for 101 reasons.
Move on and keep dating.
David020549
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Mrconfused74 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:18 am

Youe new to the uni, so I assume she is too, perhaps she just liked the fact she had someone to talk too? Were there times when she chose not to sit next to you in class? If so sitting next to you once doesn’t really mean much.
Lots of opposite sex people can have a lunch and a walk without it meaning anything so I wouldn’t read too much into that. And her texting is just being polite. Her not responding could’ve been for a number of reasons, maybe she was sleeping or out, maybe she read it but couldn’t reply and it slipped her mind. Maybe she felt you were moving too quick and wasn’t sure how to react, maybe she just wanted a friend???
I think you just need to slow down, not every girl that pays attention to you will want a relationship, some just want to be friends, so just go with things. If you see her again say you were heading to get a coffee and ask if she wants to join you, if she does good, if not just say ok, and leave it at that. You can’t go looking for something that might not be there. If she likes you she will let you know! If not you either walk away or stay friends...
Mrconfused74
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Kyle156x6 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:37 pm

I agree, she thought I was not was she is looking for and that's fine. I'll still be friendly and see what happens but I won't get my hopes up. Anyways, thanks for your responses. Cheers
Kyle156x6
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives