I know it sounds silly, but I want him to be jealous

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I know it sounds silly, but I want him to be jealous

Postby lily1120 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:25 pm

I don't know if this is the problem of cultural differences or what, I will be jealous if there is other girl hanging around and have fun with my boyfriend. But when I told him, I am going to meet some guy today, he is not jealous at all. Once I asked him if there is a guy asks for my phone number, can i give it to him? I assumed that he would say no, but he said "do whatever you want". I know it's good that he is not too controlling, but I want him to be jealous which makes me feel like he cares about me ... Is it weird? what about you guys? Is it strange that I want my boyfriend to be more jealous?
lily1120
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: I know it sounds silly, but I want him to be jealous

Postby snail » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:16 am

No, it's not weird. You want to see him worry about losing you, so that you know he cares about losing you.

Not many boyfriends would say it was OK for you to give your number to another man! On the face of it, that sounds like something someone would say that wasn't fully committed to the relationship, or didn't even see himself in a relationship at all.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby David020549 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:28 pm

You need to decide how much this relationship means to you, do you see it as long term or just a passing fad, in saying " do what you want" sounds very indifferent, like he doesn't care. On the other hand you don't seem committed to him, wanting to make him jealous is very immature and usually ends in arguments and violence.
It seems he sees you just as a convenient date or whatever and is happy to move on to the next available girl, deliberately making a boyfriend jealous is not likely to make him want you more
David020549
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby johnay » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:28 pm

I think it's normal for a modern person to think it's okay for you to have male or female friends and exchange phone numbers. Jealousy can be a destructive emotion and I think your boyfriend is being sensible in trusting you and is obviously feeling secure in your relationship. I think it would be daft to make an issue out of this and think you have a problem here. Be thankful you have a sound setup between you and that he doesn't want to control you like an old fashioned dinosaur.
johnay
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives