My girlfriend!!!

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My girlfriend!!!

Postby Liverpoolman » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:38 am

Hey guys, im new to this forum.

I need help with jealousy and paranoia, me and my girlfriend have recently got a full time job and working in the same place but almost different hours. We were in work today (20/3/2016) and she was over speaking to the KP for around 10 mins, later that day one of the men who worked in another shop came over to speak to her WHILE I stood beside her. He didnt speak as in flirting etc, he spoke to her without looking at me. He was standing pretty close to her, I hadnt spoke to her for around 3 hours and she finally asked what was wrong. I had told her the situation but as usual as all girls say "you have nothing to worry about, Im with you and everyone knows that Im engaged to you". I still find it hard to hide my feelings with jealousy and paranoia, we are both cleaners but when I dont see her on the floor I get paranoid wondering where is she, who is speaking too, what are they doing etc. I know it seems pretty bad but we broke up for at least 2 weeks then got back together after getting the job. Please help me cure this, I cant go on like this. I understand nobody can help threw messages, I have suggested counselling as she was once like this but she laughed it off. Iv also suggested we go for a spa weekend to calm down and get away from everything.

Thanks in advance guys.
Liverpoolman
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: My girlfriend!!!

Postby snail » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:03 pm

Feelings of jealousy or insecurity usually come from a subconscious belief that you aren't good enough for your partner, and that they will eventually find someone better. Is there anything about yourself that bothers you? Could you change the things about yourself that bother you so that you feel more confident? I assume she has never given you a real reason to be jealous?

I wouldn't give her the silent treatment if she hasn't done anything wrong - that will only damage the relationship.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby David020549 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Working at the same place is always going to be difficult for you, if she worked as a waitress away from you, you would have no idea who she spoke to, you would just meet up after work with no baggage. She sounds the natural friendly type who actually enjoys be chatted up, but that does not mean she will take it any further or try to make you jealous. You are engaged that is the first step now you have to trust her, if you get paranoid you will drive her away for sure.
David020549
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lily1120 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:40 pm

It is cute if you are being a bit jealousy, for me, my boyfriend is toooooo not jealousy at all which makes me crazy.
I think you should focus more on your work or other things instead of keep checking where she is or what. Make yourself more busy could help, at least for me. Cuz once my boyfriend didn't reply me for like 4 hours, and I feel like he doesn't care about me at all and felt so sad and cried a lot, but then, I try to focus on my study and started to look for internships, which took most of my time. And feel quite good to be not that needy and we are doing good now.
Hope this helps!
lily1120
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives