Niggly health issues

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Niggly health issues

Postby dawolf » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi all. I don't normally post in this section but recently I've had a few issues health-wise. I've always been a fairly healthy person but I tend to become stressed, tired and generally lack energy but I do have a tiring job. My diet is fairly good and I take multivitamins although I know I do need to exercise more. This past year I've had 2 nasty stomach sickness bugs (unusual for me) and 2 bouts of flu/cough caught from others around me. I have an ongoing cough and cold right now which is lingering on. Another recent problem is my sleep pattern, it's taking a while to get off to sleep and I'm only getting about 3-4 hours a night (again unusual for me). I used to get 7-8 hours a night no problem. For some reason my mind seems active and it's waking me up in the night. I then worry that I won't get back off to sleep again so it's a vicious circle. Does it sound like underlying stress? Last had a general blood test about 4 months ago which was normal but do you think I need to pop for another?

Thanks.
dawolf
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Niggly health issues

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:27 pm

Stress is the most likely cause
If you lack exercise perhaps thats the first place to start, it may well help with the sleep too.
Try to make sure your bedroom is a calm and peacful place too, low lighting, no clutter etc
Can you read before you go to bed or put some light music on to help you drift off?
If you start to worry about things write them down and review them at a set time later in the evening, by the time you review them you will have got presepctive on most and they will no longer be a problem and any real problems you can be more thoughtful about your approach rather than dealing with them at a point of stress.
May be worth talking to the doctor again in case it is something physical
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Physical