Cystitis?

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Cystitis?

Postby Lust » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:15 pm

I've waited another week and on Monday I was in a lecture and even though i felt i needed to pee I convinced myself to wait until the hour long lecture had finished. Since then I've been a little better as i know i can wait for a while. I still feel the need to pee a lot, and after going I sometimes get a sort of...strange feeling in what i assume is my urethra-it's not exactly pain, but it's a bit uncomfortable-but this passes after about a minute.

Since I'm feeling a little bit better this week, I guess I'm probably just going to take a while to get back to normal. Also with the stress of a project deadline on Monday, I'm guessing this is not helping me much.
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:09 pm

That sounds familiar.
Did you try a second pack to kill it off for good?
If you did then I would go back to the doctor. Tell them it feels like the cystitis has cleared but not fully and explain that feeling. Sounds like you need some antibitotics to completely get rid of it.
If you didn't then it's still worth a try now.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Lust » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Well...nearly 4 months later and no relief really.

Just before Christmas i came down with flu which lasted right through the holidays and things stayed the same but I blamed the flu for it. Then when i was returning to uni about 3 weeks ago I had a bit of a panic in the car and even though it's only around a 45 minute journey, I ended up begging my dad to stop somewhere. I actually did need to go properly though, even though i'd just been around half an hour ago. Then my first day back to uni i had a bit of a panic as i knew we had to do presentations and i was already nervous about that, let alone knowing i'd likely need to pee all the way through. However i decided to go tell my tutors my issues and they told me it was fine and that if i had to suddenly leave at any point then it's ok. Funnily enough, i made it right through the 2 hours worth of presentations without needing to go.

So that springs the question-is it stress/anxiety related?

The following 3 weeks I've been improving. I even went a whole 6 hours at uni the other day fine! I've even been going out places and not caring as much about it, I could go out drinking again!

Then my friend text me last night asking if it was still ok she came and stayed this weekend. I had forgotten about this and suddenly thought about everything i needed to get done before she got here. And then just like that...boom. Back to square 1. I was doing so well. Woke up today a bit later than i needed to be to get ready for uni and in the space of my hour getting ready time, i'd already gone 3 times and felt the need to go again though i'd not even drank anything yet. Then all day i've been worried about going out tonight as i know it's a 10/15 minute walk into the place where all the clubs/bars are and i was convinced i wouldn't make it. I actually ended up postponing her coming up until tomorrow-but that's mainly due to tiredness from a long week with little sleep. I went quite a few times at uni and felt very uncomfortable on the 10 minute walk there like i used to.

Only thing is, i still get the weird sensation in my urethra after i go which confuses me.

I'm off to London next weekend to go to the theatre and the day after, me and my boyfriend are going to go on the London Eye. I already know i'm going to panic about this as it's a place where there's no escape and I don't know what to do about it. I don't want this controlling my life, I want to be a normal, care-free student. I shouldn't be like this at 19.

If anyone has any advice on what this is/what to do, i'd love to hear it.
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby snail » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:49 pm

Fear of wetting yourself/obsession with a need to go the the toilet is a very common phobia, but the fact that you originally passed blood etc does sound as though you had real cystitis. Possibly the cystitis has cleared, but the difficulties you experienced triggered a psychological issue. It's also possible though that it triggered a bladder problem - I've known (young) people who had a constant feeling of needing to urinate, without an infection - a condition which is generally called Overactive Bladder. There are treatments for this condition.

You really need to go back to the doctors and keep pegging away at finding a solution. Make sure you emphasise what an effect it's having on your life.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lust » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:37 pm

Well, Friday night I went and stayed at my boyfriends and it gradually got worse to the point where I was going every 10 minutes. By 3am I was in tears and panicking as i didn't know what was wrong-i had pain, needing to go as soon as i'd finished and just didn't feel right.

I struggled through the night and barely slept because of it. Saturday morning whenever I went, there was bits of tissue-like blood and pain. I tried for a doctors appt but the best they could do was next Friday so I ended up at the walk in centre instead as i couldn't stand it any longer. I expected them to say there was nothing again, but they actually did find an infection and a lot of blood in my urine.

I've been put on antibiotics for 3 days. But i'm now confused, was it cystitis all along or was it just coincidence I got it when still suffering with whatever it is? May be useful to add I always use condoms now and pee right before and right after sex.
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:21 pm

I suspect it may be a bit of all three. You had cystitis and a underlying infection that wasn't picked up, you were stressing yourself out and making it worse but then the infection took hold and now you are where you are.
Let's hope these antibiotics kicks the whole thing into touch and you can return to your normal carefree self.

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Lust » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:14 am

Well i finished the course last Monday and i felt no different, tried to just deal with it but went doctors on Friday just to see if the infection had gone so i knew whether it was psychological or not. The doctor found the infection had not gone and put me on a different course of antibiotics which i take 4 times a day for a week.

This weekend, I went down to London with my boyfriend, went to the theatre etc on Saturday and struggled a little but had the safety of a sanitary towel just in case. When it got to Sunday, I was bad again, the pain was worse and i was going every 10 minutes. We had planned to go on the London eye that morning, but it took me about 3 hours to convince myself i could do it, and i eventually did and felt great for making myself do it.

Today I went back to uni and i've had lower abdominal pain all day, it's still going on now. It is not disabling and i haven't taken pain killers, but it's a dull ache. When i try to make myself wait just a little longer before going, it starts aching me. I'm just so sick of this, I don't want this to turn into a fear, I don't want it to be in my head, I just want to be myself. I'm trying to just push myself to do things.
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:00 pm

Go back to the doctors again and ask to be refered to a urologist
There is obviosuly something wrong and it's not going away with various treatments offered by the gp
Tell them you are finding it difficult to cope with life becasue of it and it's making you depressed, hopefully they will; take you more seriously and refer you
I think you may have some kind of rare infection or underlying issue but a urologist is going to be the best person to see

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Previous

Return to Physical