recurring Stomach/Rib pain - should I see GP?

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

recurring Stomach/Rib pain - should I see GP?

Postby SillyMistakes » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:19 pm

I dont really know if this is worth seeing a doctor about - a few times i've found that if i bend or twist i suddenly get this deep feeling pain under my left rib, it doesnt feel on the surface but internal, obviously I might sound dramatic but it feels like my ribs have dug into somewhere they shouldn't. I've never had this before the last couple of weeks.

Im a bit nervous about going to the GP cos i dont know if this is normal - I've gained a little weight lately so it could be that, but its worrying me as its happened a couple of times now.
SillyMistakes
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: recurring Stomach/Rib pain - should I see GP?

Postby stephie2 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:04 am

To rule anything serious out go and see your GP. They would rather you do this than suffer and wont mind at all.
stephie2
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: recurring Stomach/Rib pain - should I see GP?

Postby snail » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:51 pm

It sounds like a pulled muscle - these can be incredibly painful. If it doesn't begin to improve in another couple of weeks I would make an appointment with your GP or the practice nurse, just to rule out any other causes.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Physical