- Choose the right forum for your category of problem.
- Help to create an accepting and understanding atmosphere in the forums by being tolerant and patient with other users.
- Realise that different people live their lives in different ways - what seems right to you might not be right for someone else.
- Try to value other people's experiences and comments even if you don't agree with them.
- Use paragraphs with gaps between them for long problems - this makes them much easier to read and more likely to be answered.
- Use 'proper' English as much as you can.
- Always remember that children might be reading the forums!
- Reproduce the content of this site without permission.
- Post sexual problems.
- Post spam (that means unauthorised promotion of commercial websites, products or services, including links in posts and signatures unless the site is helpful or the link is in context).
- Use bad language.
- Abuse or make fun of other users.
- Argue with your partner or friend on PP; each of you is entitled to privacy and confidentiality, and this cannot be achieved if you both post on the same forum.
- Post the same problem to more than one forum.
- Be afraid of sharing your experiences if you think you might be able to help someone.
- Use the forums to promote your political or religious beliefs.
- Rise to the bait of flamers or trolls, just ignore them.
- Impersonate another user.
- Use lots of text lingo - it makes your posts very hard to read.
If you are new to forums and online communities please read our Introduction to Nettiquette.
Last Updated 13th October 2009