my biggest regret

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

my biggest regret

Postby drummingman » Fri May 01, 2015 8:29 pm

My biggest regret to date is that at 46 I still haven't married or/and have a child. I don't quite no why but women have come and gone and still on my own. I see even the most unlikeliest people married which makes me ponder why not me? Maybe I really am stranger than I think?
drummingman
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: my biggest regret

Postby snail » Sat May 02, 2015 11:26 am

Chance plays a large part in these things; we're all at the mercy of it to an extent. Everyone's story works out differently.

46 is a perfectly acceptable age to have a child or get married. If it's something you want very much, why not dedicate some time to seeing if it can happen for you, by joining a dating site and working at finding someone.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby drummingman » Mon May 04, 2015 11:46 am

Thanks Snail, Im about to relocate back to home and start a new business or have to take a new job. I will have to focus on my personal life very much.
drummingman
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby snail » Mon May 04, 2015 2:02 pm

I went back on to the singles scene as a 40-year-old woman. I had never been married or had children up to that point. I wanted to get married (or rather, to be a relationship of equivalent seriousness) and have a child, if possible. I looked at literally thousands of profiles on dating sites, but it was difficult/impossible to find anyone suitable. Of the single men of a suitable age, most had already been married and had children and didn't want to do that all again, while the rest had never wanted that in the first place. A 46-year-old man with no baggage who wanted to settle down would have been an absolute godsend, and I don't think I'm alone in that thought. So that's something to consider.

Good luck.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby David020549 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:14 pm

46 is a difficult age, most women even 10 yrs younger either have kids or have decided not to and are unlikely to change their mind in the short term. There is no shortage of single women looking for a man, so as long as you are not repulsive and have a nice personality get out there and start dating. Join the gym, go on singles holidays, get chatting with them in a natural friendly way after a few chats some will get comfortable and chat longer. Having kids of your own is a long shot but being a nice interesting guy will get you a girl.
David020549
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby rufio89 » Tue May 05, 2015 4:13 pm

I'm sure you wouldnt find it a problem if you got out there.

Have you had long term or serious relationships in the past? Is there a pattern to why they've broken up?

You're lucky in that you're male and your window for having children is much larger than women.

As Snail said, a single man in his 40s who wants to settle down and doesnt have an ex wife and kids behind him would be very appealing to a lot of people!

It's far from too late - meet some people, join a dating site and just see where it takes you. You might have to be open minded on age if you're serious about starting a family (i.e. if you have a thing for older women, it's probably not going to happen) but take each person as they come and see how it goes!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to And the rest...