Nobody to talk to

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Nobody to talk to

Postby Jonaslove » Mon May 10, 2010 5:09 pm

I feel so so down lately.
I just keep feeling worse and worse and worse. I have so manny problems right now and I feel like there's no one to talk to. Some times feel like my closest friends dont even care. They will listen to what I have to say, but they don't actually care and they don't actually want to help me feel good again. It hurt because I really try my best to help them when they are upset, stay up all ours of the night when they split with boyfriends and try and help them feel better. But when it comes to be being upset, I feel like I dont really matter.

I dont really have a good enough relationship with my family where Im comfortable to talk about my problems with them. And my other friends, well I dont feel like I can trust them enough not to go round telling all my other friends if I tell them about personal things.

I really need someone to talk to. My confidence is so low right now. I wish there was someone that I could open up to about things but just feel like there is no body around for me who cares enough. Some days I feel like I really really hate myself! I don't really know what Im expecting people to say to this, just needed to get it all out really
Jonaslove
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Re: Nobody to talk to

Postby Wishitcouldbediff » Mon May 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Hey x

I've just done the exact same thing.... I joined on here because my fiance that I was with for 6 years just left me coz he's confessed to being gay and I feel like my world has ended, none of my friends ask if I'm ok or anything even though for years I've had to listen to their pathetic mini problems. I can't talk to my family because they're a typical "get on with it" hard faced family. Talking on here was the best thing I've ever done, no one knows you so you can spill your heart out and say anything at all. Even when people reply with stuff you don't agree with or just really don't want to hear, its good to know someone went to the effort to help a total stranger x

I completely understand about the friends issues but then part of me thinks that when they are the weaker ones and you are the strong one, that they just don't know what to do/say rather than they don't want to help you. People say I'm coping well, they don't know the half of it :(

Never hate yourself, you are you, you are special and a lot of people will care. No one will ever be able to like/love you if you don't like/love yourself <3

What has happened that has made you feel like this? Is it something in particular?

I have ups and downs, but the ups are starting to outweigh the downs :D
Wishitcouldbediff
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Jonaslove » Tue May 11, 2010 4:07 pm

Ohh nooo, thats awful. Are you okay now?! How are you coping?
Makes my problems sounds so stupid! But yeah I agree with that, I always feel better to write out my problems on here, the advice is always pretty reassuring!

Yes I suppose that is true. Thing is with my friends though, they don't ask if im ok! And if they do I tell them whats wrong and they say awww, or oh dear and then change the subject! Even if they didn't know what to say I wish they would just let mw talk about it to them, but I really dont think they care sometimes.

Aww thank you so much! I know thats true, I often give that advice to other people, but its just hard sometimes cos I dont really know how to!

Yeah its been a few things recently that have made me feel so bad, my friends just do not care how I feel!
Thanks for replying, its nice to know that there are other people who have felt the same sort of thing!
xxx
Jonaslove
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby JennaXXX » Tue May 11, 2010 7:47 pm

I do understand where you are coming from.
Your friends don't sound like proper friends to me. It should be that they support you as much as you support them. It shouldn't be one sided. Have you tried telling them how they make you feel at times?
You are important and you must remember this. If you feel your friends are using you then try taking a step back. Don't get so involved with their problems. By all means support them but perhaps not as intensly as you are now. You could also listen to their problems and then say something like *Actually, I have something I need to talk about with you now.* This makes it clear that it is now your turn to talk.

You always have somewhere here if you feel lonely.

Take care hun. xx
Whatever life throws at you, smile, hold your head up high and be the best you can possibly be.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to And the rest...