problem with flying

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: problem with flying

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:06 am

Being fussed over and being ignored are poles apart. There should be a compromise in between just to show compassion if nothing else.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby captainf » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:54 pm

I agree with Bel Bel.
But if a frightened flyer ever came along with me theres no way I could leave them to get on with it on their own. For me i'd just calm them by talking them through what I have to do and what they can expect to feel. Naturally when im with the airlines I wont be able to do that but thats another reason why you have cabin crew. If pilots or cabin crew ignored a frightened flyer you would put it down to poor customer service. I understand what you mean about leaving them to it but to be honest it sounds like they have to fake that they are feeling fine for everyone elses convenience. Flying is very fun, but some people do not understand it and therefore it scares them.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:38 am

My boyfriend shouts at me and tells me to leave him alone.

I mean I pointed to a crumb on him once and he almost slapped me out the way - he did apologise later.

I leave my bf to do as he pleases; he knows I am there and I will hold his hand and his stuff when needed; he is getting better and he'll talk and stuff now where as before it was like being in a prison sentence sitting next to him being told off for breathing.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:39 pm

He only snapped because he was scared. Its one of many ways that people react.
If he got too bad and ended up snapping at other passengers and crew then the Capt has the right to divert and offload you guys.
However the important point you made is that he tells you to leave him alone, which slightly changes what you appeared to be saying before. If hes requested you leave him alone then thats okay. However if that wasnt the case then i'd recommend comforting him. Naturally though the way i'd comfort a frightened flyer and the way you would do it would be completely different.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:06 pm

captainf wrote: Naturally though the way i'd comfort a frightened flyer and the way you would do it would be completely different.

Maybe but when you have been told to "leave me alone" then I'm not going to keep pestering because I know when you say leave me alone and someone doesn't it is worse.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:12 pm

Which is also why I said it changed alot when coinciding with a previous post of yours ;)
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Dolly77 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:39 am

Talk to your Gp. He/She can prescribe an anti anxiety drug to help you. I'm a nervous flyer too and like yourself, I find take off very stressful. So I appreicate the how you feel.
Have a great time on holiday btw :D
Dolly77
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Previous

Return to And the rest...