Site move = temporarily broken database and more speed!

Are you a registered user having trouble using the forums? Come here to ask for support, especially if something doesn't work as expected.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Site move = temporarily broken database and more speed!

Postby Jo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:00 am

Hi all

On 24th November 2012 I moved the site to a new server because we were outgrowing the old one. The new server has more up to date versions of the software that the site uses and it runs much faster - I hope you'll notice the difference.

During the move I had a few issues with the database. Regular visitors will have noticed many odd things going on! I've ironed out most of the problems now, but the new site is working from the backup that was made on 24th November 2012 - so any new members or posts that were added on 25th, 26th and 27th November have gone and will not be recovered.

Not much more to say about it than that really without boring everyone half to death! Enjoy the speed :)

Tally ho!
Jo :)
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Site move = temporarily broken database and more speed!

Postby Jo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi all,

I've moved the site again today - everything seems to have gone smoothly. I had to move it because our server kept crashing almost as soon as I put PP on there in November, so it had to come off. It's now on its own brand new hosting account so if it does go down at least it won't bring my customer's websites down with it! Not that I'm expecting it to keep crashing - fingers crossed eh?

Jo :)
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Return to Forum Support