Search Members!

Are you a registered user having trouble using the forums? Come here to ask for support, especially if something doesn't work as expected.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Search Members!

Postby yessica » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:42 pm

I just wanted to post a possible suggestion.. not sure where to put it..

Well sometimes when I want to search a particular member I have to sort through the list of members or look to see where they have posted. Could there possibly be somewhere where you can just search the members via a name instead?
:D Smile and the world smiles with you. Laugh and they all think you're on drugs :lol:
xoxoxox
yessica
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jo » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:19 pm

The general search (second button at the very top of the page under the title) allows you to search by author, is that what you mean?
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby yessica » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:49 pm

Well not really. If you don't type their name exactly right then you can't find them.

If you read a post but couldn't find it again and remembered that the author's name began with say an 'A', you still wouldn't be able to find them, or would you? I'm not sure..
:D Smile and the world smiles with you. Laugh and they all think you're on drugs :lol:
xoxoxox
yessica
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jo » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:15 pm

It depends how much of their name you can remember. If you can remember that it started with A, then you can use the * as a 'wildcard' - i.e. search for a* and it will find all posts from names beginning with A. Alternatively you could just look at the member list and order it alphabetically.
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby yessica » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:01 pm

Ah right didn't know you could do that. Thank you xoxox
xoxoxox
yessica
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Forum Support