Can't access old account

Are you a registered user having trouble using the forums? Come here to ask for support, especially if something doesn't work as expected.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter
Smilelikeyoumeanit

Can't access old account

Post by Smilelikeyoumeanit » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:58 pm

Hi everyone...I wonder if anyone remembers me from many years ago. I went by the username X_Smiler_X and am trying to access this account but is saying its locked due to too many attempts of logging in...bit concerning as I totally forgot about this fab site and have only just tried to get back on. Would be great if someone can help me? My email will be different to what it was then too, can I still get back on?

reckoner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't access old account

Post by reckoner » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:46 pm

Welcome back! I've found your old account and it looks like I was arriving here just as you were leaving but it's great to see you back! My fellow admins will no doubt remember you.

I should be able to help you, but could I check: are you seeking to use your old account and reset your password with your old email address, or are you seeking to use a new email address with it oo?

Thanks!

Smilelikeyoumeanit

Post by Smilelikeyoumeanit » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:32 pm

Thank you reckoner! I made some wonderful friends on this site and I've had a little look to see if any are still active. Looks like many aren't, does this get used much anymore? The email I used on my old account is no longer available, so will want to use my old account with my new email. Is this possible? X

reckoner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by reckoner » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:25 pm

It is much quieter here and not the hang out it used to be. We still get new posters and still have regular members to reply, but I think they'll be new names to you. I expect you remember Snail and peecee, the other admins still here?

I'm the least technically proficient of the admins unfortunately and need to make sure that changing your email address is as easy as it looks at first glance! Please leave that with me for a short while and, assuming all straightforward with that, I'll PM you with the details.

peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by peecee » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:57 pm

I remember you, Smiler! :D Hope you are ok?

PP has changed a lot since you were around - it used to be a place for people to gossip and have a laugh as well as talk about their problems, but Facebook arrived in the meantime.

Reckoner is being modest about her technical know-how, she will be able to help you out. Snail is snowed under with work, and I’m away from home at the moment with rubbish internet - but Reckoner will let me know if there is any holdup sorting your account out (I’m sure there won’t be). Isn’t it interesting to wander down that particular memory lane! :P

Xxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.

reckoner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by reckoner » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:48 pm

Well Smiler, I can certainly sort this out for you! 8)

I'll PM you so we can sort out the details and have you back up and running with your previous account. Then you can tell us what you've been up to! :D

Smilelikeyoumeanit

Post by Smilelikeyoumeanit » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:32 am

Hi Peecee!! Wow, blast from the past! I'm well thank you, am married with 2 kiddies now. I think last time I was on here I must have been 16/17....I'm 33 going on 34 now!! How are you?
Yes indeed, I was having a little nosey the other day and came across some of my old posts (which made me cringe!! Oh the woes of a teenage girl!!) and wondered if it was much quieter since it was so easy to scroll back and find my very old posts. It's such a shame, this was a wonderful experience back in the day!

Thank you reckoner for helping me out, I'm really excited about getting back in the world of PP (even if it is much quieter) xxx

X_Smiler_X

Post by X_Smiler_X » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:29 pm

I'm baaaccckkk :) reckoner, thank you so much for all your help xx
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you :D

reckoner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by reckoner » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:39 pm

You are most welcome :D xx