Anyone?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter
X_Smiler_X

Anyone?

Post by X_Smiler_X » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:36 pm

Does anyone come on here anymore? I was so excited to get back on but doesnt appear to have much life in it anymore?
K x
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you :D

reckoner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Anyone?

Post by reckoner » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:26 pm

If you listen veeeerrrrry carefully, you can hear an echo! Or is it the sea? Not sure but, yes, it is definitely quiet in here. I like to think of it as a pint of Guinness, worth the wait, haha.

We're here, though! nothing to stop us from a chinwag, maybe someone will join in, you never know!

So you got two kids now, then? Me too! I have two boys, one is quite new, about eight months, the other is four. What about yours? How do you find parenthood?

And how have you been coping with lockdown?

X_Smiler_X

Post by X_Smiler_X » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:16 am

Hey reckoner! You are quickly becoming my new PP best friend!! Yes, I have an 11 year old boy who is starting secondary school in September (no idea how that happened!!) And a 9 year old girl. Feel quite sorry for my eldest especially since he's missed so much fun stuff (like a residential trip) due to this pandemic. Going up to secondary school is bad enough without all this going on, so I do feel for him. Although I think its us parents who worry more than they do!

99.9% of the time I love being a mum. But sometimes I do feel like escaping that duty to be me as a person...sure you get what I mean!

Ahhh how lovely, you have all this fun to come then!! I find boys are easy peasy when they're under the age of 10, then comes the attitude! My little girl is such a caring young lady at the moment but I'm sure the attitude will come soon!

Xx

reckoner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by reckoner » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:30 am

X_Smiler_X wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:16 am
You are quickly becoming my new PP best friend!!
\:D/
X_Smiler_X wrote:
I have an 11 year old boy who is starting secondary school in September (no idea how that happened!!)
Seriously, where does the time go? One day, maybe we'll find 200 years down the back of the sofa. My eldest starts primary in September. At least it's just Reception year, higher stakes for your boy starting secondary. Wishing him luck! Like you say, though, they're usually much more resilient than we expect.
X_Smiler_X wrote:
you have all this fun to come then!!
The mad thing with parenthood I find is that as soon as you think you're getting the hang of it, they change, and you've got to figure it out all over again. It's like having to update your phone OS every week, but messier and stickier. (I have litch NEVER updated my phone OS so that analogy is a complete guess).
X_Smiler_X wrote:
But sometimes I do feel like escaping that duty to be me as a person...sure you get what I mean!
There have been a handful of times in the last four years when I have been out on my own - no child with me - usually just to the corner shop, though I did meet friends in a pub twice, and it feels so amaaaazing it's actually weird. To just leave the house - you know, just take the keys, open the door and just close it again, without having to insist on visits to the toilet, or re-put someone's shoes on the right way or someone bursting into tears because they forgot Kitty upstairs and without yelling "WHAT DID I JUST SAY?"
X_Smiler_X wrote:
boys are easy peasy when they're under the age of 10, then comes the attitude! My little girl is such a caring young lady at the moment but I'm sure the attitude will come soon!
Someone once told me, "they're lovely until the age of five, then they start authoritising". Not actually a word, but I now feel it should be.

So, since you were last here - over ten years ago! - any pearls of wisdom you've collected on the way? Anything in particular you'd say to yourself back then if you could?

sparkly_star
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Post by sparkly_star » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:50 am

I haven't been around for ages, but thought I'd just check in on some of my old online haunts and I actually see some names I remember... In between avoiding reading my old posts, because there's some serious cringe in there!
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

X_Smiler_X

Post by X_Smiler_X » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:51 pm

Hey Sparkly, long time no see! How are you?
And yes agreed, I have tortured myself one too many times looking through my old posts, serious cringe as you say!!.

sparkly_star
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Post by sparkly_star » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:08 pm

Not too bad thanks, in another spell of unemployment after getting made redundant last year and only managing to get a contract job since which ended in January, just before Covid kicked off. Hopefully I'll be able to get a job early next year!

Yep, on the other hand, sometimes its useful to reflect on how much people grow as they age :)
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

X_Smiler_X

Post by X_Smiler_X » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:27 am

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that Sparkly. Redundancy has hit us too, husband out of work and only my wage coming in, I sure know how tough these times are. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
K x