Anyone remember me?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Anyone remember me?

Postby highlandcow » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:45 am

Hello!

I'm wondering if there's anyone out there from when I was posting regularly in 2012?

If anyone remembers me, here is an update. My last posts concerned my decision to start online dating. I'm pleased to say that in 2015 I got married to one of the first men I met up with via the site.

We now have a 15 week old son named Alistair so I am on maternity leave. I was looking for something to do (when I'm not changing nappies) and a lightbulb went on over my head! Problem Pages! So here I am. I will be checking in regularly like I used to but I just wanted to check in to see if anyone from 2012 is still active here.
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Anyone remember me?

Postby peecee » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:13 am

Hi, Highlandcow!

As one of the oldest oldies on PP, of course I remember you! :P PP is very quiet these days, I'm not sure how many of your partners-in-crime are still on here (Snail will pop in later, but she's snowed under with work at the moment).

But it's lovely to hear your good news - we need more of it. :D

xxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby highlandcow » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:57 pm

Oh Pee, it's so nice to hear from you! And I'm so glad you remember me! It certainly does seem like it is quieter around here now...but I suppose that's a good thing in a way. :)

PP was such a comfort to me when I needed it so I'm really glad to see it's still here. And I hope I can provide some comfort to others. Pay it back and all that. :) :)
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby SHYGLASGOWGIRL1988 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi again

Just a message to say that I think its great that you have been here such a long time and helping others.

Congrats on finding your man and your little baby boy.

I really appreciated your reply to my post and seeing this has made me think that maybe I will find some light at the end of the tunnel. I just have to figure out what the light actually is. :D

I have found it so difficult to open up to anyone due to certain things happening but I really think this is a great way to get some insight/advice/help.

:) :) :) Thank you
SHYGLASGOWGIRL1988
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby highlandcow » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:14 pm

Ah bless you that is so nice of you to say. I have seen your reply on your post and I'll try and get a reply to you after I've put my Wee Man to bed!

PP really is lovely. The people here helped me so much when I just needed impartial advice and a friendly ear, or 2.

Get me sucking up to the Admins :) :)

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby SHYGLASGOWGIRL1988 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:21 pm

Hey its no problem. That is just what I need, impartial advice and to get some of it out.

I think is definitely what I need right now.

Haha I like it ;)
SHYGLASGOWGIRL1988
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby snail » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:53 pm

highlandcow wrote:Get me sucking up to the Admins :) :)

Chocolate is best if you want to suck up to me :wink:

Hello Highland! Yes, of course I remember you, and all your posts. Congratulations on your news, and all your happiness. PP is rather quiet, partly because there are fewer people around to answer posts, so any time you can give will be very appreciated.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby reckoner » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:42 pm

I remember you, Highlandcow! Many congratulations on your brilliant news! I've been sprogging too. You're sounding a lot more awake than I felt at 15 weeks! Great to see you back, I'm slowly joining you.
reckoner
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby highlandcow » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:42 pm

It's good to see you back as well reckoner!

reckoner wrote:You're sounding a lot more awake than I felt at 15 weeks!

I probably sound better than I feel - now we are at the 4 month mark it all seems to be going downhill again! ](*,) ](*,)

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby spacegirl » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:29 pm

I remember you :) I've been dipping in and out to PP over the years, glad to see there are still some regulars knocking about :)
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby highlandcow » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:28 am

Hey spacegirl! :D Glad to see you're still here too!

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby rufio89 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi! I don't tend to come on here much these days but I do keep an eye :)

I'm so glad things worked out for you :) I also got married just over a year ago, isn't it nice to see we don't all stay in the dumps forever!! :) =D>
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby sparkly_star » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:23 pm

Just sticking my head back in too... I suspect I'm more of a blast from the past than you are :P

Glad to see people are doing so well these days :D
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
sparkly_star
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Chit Chat