Too scared to say

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Too scared to say

Postby fishcakes » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:53 pm

I have just realised that I've began my periods today. It isn't that bad and I've had a few cramps. The problem is that I'm to scared to tell my mum. She's not too well at the moment and wants peace so I don't want to annoy her. What should I do? :cry: :( :cry:
fishcakes
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Too scared to say

Postby snail » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:59 pm

Is this your very first period? But why do you think it would annoy her, Fishcakes? I'm sure she'd be excited to hear about it. And it's not as though you could choose the time it happened. Just go in and tell her you've started your first period; she'll probably have some panty liners you can borrow.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby peecee » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:28 pm

I agree with Snail, Fishcakes. My mum kept a pack of pads handy specifically for the day when my sister and I started our periods! Your mum must be expecting it, and she will be excited that her baby is growing up. Even if she's not well at the moment, you're not exactly going to go pounding round the house ringing bells and screeching "I've started my periods!!!!" (please tell me you're not...)

Just say "mum, have you got any pads, I've just started my periods!" (says pee, having muttered and mumbled and blushed when she told her own mum... :roll: ). If you want any advice from her, make sure she realises that, because she might think that all girls learn everything about everything at school these days. I'm sure she'll be pleased and flattered to answer any questions you might have.
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:20 am

She won't be annoyed if you tell her. She'll be happy you told her and like peecee said she may have stuff that you can use, also if you tell her she can help you buy it each month. If you don't tell her and she finds out she may be upset that you've kept something hidden from her.

Just do as peecee suggested, ask if she has anything and tell her why.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby earthchild » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:40 am

i agree with all of the above,
it might take her mnd off not being too well :)
The Truth
Truth is a sweet nectar from an honest fruitful heart,
from the fruit come seeds and
from the seeds you have a harvest full of dreams.

(native american proverb)
earthchild
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby embop » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:16 pm

I agree with all the above to. my mum gave me £5 when I started because she said I was all grown up lol. I dont know If she will remember that now.
Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere.
embop
Site Owner
Site Owner

Return to Under 16s