Where do I begin?...

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Where do I begin?...

Postby m_m » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:35 pm

This year has just been horrendous so far.

My father passed away in June, after a battle with terminal cancer. I'm 22 and he was 58.

Both of my employers (I have 2 jobs) were really good and I spent a lot of time with my family and long-term boyfriend.

Throughout our relationship he's been at college, then unemployed then has had mostly part-time jobs or mostly jobs with flexible hours. We live together and especially the last month or so have been together nearly all day everyday or at least fairly often.

He's just got a new 9-5:30 job in London and leaves at 6:30ish in the morning and comes home around 7:00 in the evening. He also has to do college work in his spare time. It's his first 'proper' job and isn't that well paid a it's an apprenticeship/college thing.

I am finding it so hard being apart from him, if that doesn't sound ridiculously pathetic.

I was made redundant from a full time job last year and have 2 part time jobs and sometimes attend college. I still have a lot of spare time in the day though and work some evenings and every Sunday too.

I feel really guilty I am not at work when he's working so hard and can't even drive so can't pick him up from the station or anything. I can't even really afford lessons.

Without rambling too much I am just feeling very down and lonely, I'm missing him so much and he's not even been in the job a week.

I'm not sure there's much advise that can be given but I'd appreciate any all the same.

Thank you x
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Where do I begin?...

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:59 pm

I am very sorry to hear about your dad.

I know it's odd because you are used to being with him but be proud he is making improvements which will help you have a better future together.

Most people don't get to see their partners much more than you do because of work commitments, you just have the make the best of the time you do have.

You could fill your own spare time so you have less time to dwell on being lonely. Take up a hobby, do some voluntering or take another part time job to pay for driving lessons.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: Where do I begin?...

Postby highlandcow » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:57 pm

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time m_m. Bel Bel has some good advice, is there any courses or evening classes you fancy doing?

I also wanted to give you this :grouphug:
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Cheer me up!