Recovery

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Recovery

Postby Skarlet » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:49 pm

Yeh, is pretty horrific that they have caused you more harm.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Recovery

Postby highlandcow » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:23 am

It was private healthcare as well so you'd like to think this sort of stuff didn't happen but I guess mistakes can still be made. I didn't want to get the lass from physio into trouble. :-?

I'm just worried a about work. I talked to my boss and explained and he seemed ok with it as I'm only missing 4 days really until the Xmas hols as I was meant to go back today and break up on Friday. But it doesn't look good does it!
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:27 pm

Hmm someone screwed up somewhere. You've taken it really well, but its caused more damage which is bad really.
I hope your recovery is swift!

Dont worry about work right now. All that is important is that you get better.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:52 pm

Aw, thanks Captain. I'm trying to look on the bright side of things as theres not much I can do. My surgeon is looking into it and I'm trying to keep busy during the day.

I'm trying not to worry too much about work, I'm just aware of the fact that I haven't been in the job long and that it's going to look awful to my boss. Can I get in trouble for this? Do they have grounds to dismiss me?
Oh dear, that's the problem with being on your own all day, you worry about things more! ](*,)
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:44 pm

How long have you had the job and do you have a contract?
If you have been there a while I doubt you will get sacked, you are genuinely ill and signed off by a doctor.
Keep making offers of working from home and make sure you keep your boss informed, follow any conversations up with an email so you have a trail of what's gone on. This way if you ge sacked unfairly you can take it to a tribunal.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby highlandcow » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:23 pm

I've been in the job since early September, and have signed a contract.

I've been talking to my boss regularly since I've been off to keep him updated, sending my sick notes etc. I've also asked if there is anything I can do from home but there isn't apparently. :x

It's just so frustrating because I would have been back now if the physio was done properly. Bit then again it's not like I'm skiving, I've had surgery and an official sicknote.

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:17 pm

Pretty sure they wouldn't risk sacking you as it would be obvious it was for the wrong reasons and they wouldn't risk a tribunal
The fact you have offered to do work shows you are willing
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby highlandcow » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:05 pm

That's true Bel Bel, it wouldn't look too good if they did anything like that.

I've got a horrible cold at the moment so really I think home is the best place for me anyway. :-({|=

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby carmenmarie1 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:38 am

Hi Highland cow

Awww, I feel your pain (well not literally :wink: ) but like others this is a great chance to have some "you" time. Its probably not a good idea to get out and about to much at the moment given the circumstances. It probably feels rubbish that you had an argument with your bf and your friends let you down, but remember arguments are healthly and no relationship is without them, they keep it exciting! Regarding your friends, xmas is a tough time and people often have plans made weeks and weeks in advance. Maybe organise a big catch up for the new year? Something to look forward to.

Im using this xmas as a chance to relax and enjoy time off work. Eat, drink and watch rubbish TV! Do the same :wink:

Merry Christmas *bigxmastree*
"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on - it is never any use to oneself." Oscar Wilde
carmenmarie1
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby highlandcow » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:33 pm

Wow a Christmas tree! Awesome!

To be honest part of me is enjoying the time off. I've been off work since November so that's a looooong break!The good news is I'm able to get up and about a lot more recently, just little things like walking to the shop to get some fresh air really helps. :D

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:00 pm

I don't think they will attempt to sack you because you're doing everything legally - providing them with info and updates, offering to work from home etc. For them to sack you would be a legal mine field for them and in an economic climate such as this no company wants to end up in court.
You have to focus on getting better and keeping positive will aid the recovery process. Relax, its christmas. Maybe try getting in to gaming (I know, typical bloke thing to say) but if you have a DS or something you can get stuck into some games.. or maybe get playing those on going online games - I currently play SkyRama (haha yes, an airport game - I hear you say typical with a slight groan) Games like that can get addictive and pass the time very very quickly!
I think you already said you watch dvds which also help - when I was in hospital I had a portable dvd player and got my mum to bring in Hot Fuzz and my Due South boxset too. Set me up nicely when I was in my room on my own, ironically 3 days later I got moved into the ward with other people :lol: :lol:
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:08 pm

captainf wrote:I currently play SkyRama (haha yes, an airport game - I hear you say typical with a slight groan)

Haha typical you, Captain! :P

I'm not really into games but I do play GTA when I'm at my boyfriend's.

Still it's Christmas Eve and I'm actually at my boyfriends now so that should keep me well entertained!

Were you in hospital for a while then?

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:50 am

haha :D I manage to find all the plane games ;) :D

Hmm I understand. Not everyone is a gamer. I used to be back in the 90's but I rarely play games as much now.
Although hopefully GTA will keep you entertained! I liked the first GTA as it had a retro game look to it :)

Oh I was in hospital for 3 weeks from July into August. Infact there was this post about it in chit chat..

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17864
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:40 pm

captainf wrote:haha I manage to find all the plane games

Hmm I understand. Not everyone is a gamer. I used to be back in the 90's but I rarely play games as much now.
Although hopefully GTA will keep you entertained! I liked the first GTA as it had a retro game look to it

Oh I was in hospital for 3 weeks from July into August. Infact there was this post about it in chit chat..

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17864

Sorry for the late reply....oh dear Captain, sounds like you really went through it. Here's to a quick and speedy recovery.

I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this but today I went back to work. My surgeon has given me a month of part time, so I come work mornings only. It's good because I get to get back into it, it shows willing but still gives my hip a chance to recover. No more lie ins though.
My boss has also given me some admin to do at home! :D

Everything went better than expected.

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby snail » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:28 pm

That's good news. I was wondering if you were back today. Part-time sounds quite fun!
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Cheer me up!