I am suffering badly with depression because of my Ex, help

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I am suffering badly with depression because of my Ex, help

Postby smb » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:20 pm

I’m having trouble leaving my partner. Been together about 15 years, married, divorced and back together again. I don’t love him like I did, too much damage has been done, can’t be intimate with him at all. I am very unhappy and desperately want to change things but I can’t talk to anyone. I have tried to end it a few times again, but he just twists everything and turns very nasty. I am at breaking point, I had a bit of a melt down over the weekend, I completely broke down and could not stop crying. We went through a very bad time during our marriage, he was an alcoholic. He no longer drinks and we got back together as I thought he had changed. He is verbally and emotionally abusive. I try to tell him why I think I am depressed, like what he put me through etc and he won’t accept it. He just tells me to pull myself together....
He wants to change me, to be a “better person” he does not like me the way I am. I know I would be better of without him, I just like to bury my head in the sand and I don’t deal with things very well at all. My depression is quite severe and I have never dealt with it properly. I do like him as a person, I would miss him, but this is not healthy for me and I can’t seem to break free again. I’ve got friends but I don't really see them anymore. Whenever I want to go out or do something, even though he tells me I should go, he always moans about it. I'm very confused. I need counselling, the doctor just gives me CBT info and they can't help me.
smb
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: I am suffering badly with depression because of my Ex, h

Postby snail » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:31 pm

Hi SMB

It's best to stick to one thread per problem; it keeps all the information in one place, and members read all the sections so you won't get different replies in a different section.

I'll pop your post above on the end of your previous thread about this.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Mental wellbeing